1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get Google to Re-Index a Site?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by Burta, Apr 17, 2006.

OK well I have been looking over a couple of my unsucessful sites trying to work out why they aren't listing in Google. In particular I have been working on one site that I created over a year ago now (surely out of this supposed "sandbox") yet Google still never seems to have ever really sent any visitors via their search engine and as far as I can tell it doesn't even rank - yet it seems to be indexed? It has a PR 4 over 200 backlinks (Over 2000 in Yahoo) and around 500 indexed pages, but still doesn't rank.

Anyway I was looking over the site and I noticed my meta tags, I'm not sure how Google looks at meta tags these days, and well anyway I was looking at my keywords meta tags to be specific and well I thought they were a bit spammy. I created the site over a year ago when I was bit more of a novice so I decided to redo them pretty much just cut them down to the basics. Anyway that was a week or two ago and it looks like that Google has yet to update the change, is it posible that google has somewhat backlisted or maybe more like "penalised" my site? and if not how long will it take for the change to take effect or do I need to somehow reapply to have my site reindexed?
    SEMrush

Burta, Apr 17, 2006 IP
    SEMrush
  2. EGS

EGS Notable Member

Best Answers:
  3. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Are the key phrases you are tryig to rank for - extremely competitive ?
    Do you have a google specific XML sitemap - to help google reindex your sites ?

sadcox66, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  4. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The phrases are probably competitive but I'm not ranking for anything. Not even my domain name minus the .com or my extact page title with primary keywords, and no I don't have a sitemap as such - I will look into that now though.

I already submitted my URL when I made the update...

Burta, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  5. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I very much doubt the reason for any issues would be because of your meta tags. What's your URL? It's very hard to try and help without being more specific.

dcristo, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  6. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Burta, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  7. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    dcristo, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  8. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Checking out MSN, which is quick to pickup links, if you narrown down a few pages in the backlinks SERPs, the site is really only showing about 100 backlinks. I would be working on getting more quality links to the site.

dcristo, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  9. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    OK well I have the same problem with another one of my sites... www.phonesource.com.au

Again here are my extreme tracker stats... http://extremetracking.com/open;unique?login=mpsource

This is a store that I run with a mate but for whatever reason I just can't seem to get Google to direct traffic to the site. All the hits from google are via google ad words... it doesn't rank for any of the sites keywords... It's beyond me as to what is going on - it again has been up and running for over 6 month and has a fair few backlinks and pages indexed but never is in the ranking... sure there is some compeitition but it doesn't even rank for the "australian only" websites which is all I'm really looking for - plus mobile phone isn't as compettive a keyword as cell phone...

Burta, Apr 17, 2006 IP
  10. dcristo

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I wouldn't call the mobile phone niche uncompetitive, but definately not impossible to crack.

What kind of terms are you trying to rank for?

PM me if you want, I'll try and help ya out where I can.

dcristo, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  11. dealsway

dealsway Peon

Best Answers:
    i am also seeing that
    all the links with in.php are getting redirected to main page and many pages with this file are indexed from your website.

dealsway, Apr 18, 2006 IP
  12. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not really understanding what you mean???

Burta, Apr 18, 2006 IP