1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Google listing?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Bryana, Feb 7, 2011.

I developed a new website and I want to get google listing. I don't know how to get google listing. Some one help me and tell me how i can get google listing.

Bryana, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  2. Collard

Collard Banned

Best Answers:
    There are lots of ways to get indexed in google, I suggest you to put backlink to social bookmarking site and submit xml sitemap to webmastertools

Collard, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  3. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Peon

Best Answers:
    By "Google listing" if you're hinting towards getting indexed in Google search, then you need not worry and it will be done automatically if your website is not blocking search robots. To speed up things, read what Collard said. If you mean any business listing in Google Places, go ahead and you need to register for it. If anything else, please specify the listing type.

Nefertiti, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  4. anderson1234

anderson1234 Peon

Best Answers:
    To get good Google listing, you have many options like ---

Search Engine Optimization
    Social Media Optimization
    Pay Per Click

Use good content in your site, use meta tags, verify it through Google webmaster tool, create sitemap and then start doing optimize it. Search engine optimization needs all these activities to be done to place your site in a good position in search engine.

For social media optimization, you can use facebook, twitter, linkedin and myspace websites.

If you don't want to wait more then you can use paid service with the help of Pay per click advertising

anderson1234, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  5. bhupi_arora

bhupi_arora Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes twitter is one of micro blogging site. Just u have to writer 2, 3 lines and post it. No other option is there like chating and all - am I right

bhupi_arora, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  6. oclane

oclane Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Building is a great way to get indexed by Google and generate backlinks to your site. Bookmarking and Directory Submission is also a great help to get indexed...

oclane, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  7. seorajeshkumar

seorajeshkumar Peon

Best Answers:
    There are three ways to list your site with Google, but I will warn you that using any one of these 3 methods no longer guarantees your site will be listed.

Google is getting more and more selective about who gets in, and the first step is ensuring that your site is full of useful, unique content.

After that, work on getting quality, relevant sites to link back to you. These days those two steps are the best ways to find your site in the almighty Google.

Having said that, here are some methods that may also get you in...

1) Get your site listed in The Open Directory - www.dmoz.org.

This is a directory that is managed by volunteers that act as "category editors." To list your site, simply go to the most appropriate category for your web site, then drill down to the relevant subcategory and select the "Add URL" link at the top of that category's page.

Wait about a month to see if your site appears. If it does not, I recommend emailing one of the category editors and asking for advice on how to get your site listed. If you're lucky, you'll receive a helpful response, but most of the category managers do not answer emails.

Sometimes it may take up to one year for an editor to review and list your site and other times it may only take a couple of weeks. Be patient and please don't keep submitting!

Unfortunately since DMOZ is run by volunteers, the time it takes to get your site reviewed really depends on the availability of the volunteers. Sometimes they may not check the submissions for weeks, which can be quite frustrating for people trying to get listed.

Lately, it seems to be more and more difficult to get in, but the good news is this is not the only way to get into Google. Years ago this was one of the fastest ways to get listed and ranked. Fortunately there are other options that are just as effective, and I'll discuss those below.

Warning: Don't try to submit to The Open Directory unless you have enough useful information on your site. If your site is only one or two pages long, then you won't likely get listed. They want medium to large sized web sites with useful and unique content. Strive for at least 15 pages.

If you need more content, articlecity.com has some free articles you can post on your site. Simply find the category that closely matches your theme and add them. Be careful though, don't use too many articles because the engines may penalize your site if you have too much duplicate content.

2) The second way to get listed in Google is to use their own Add URL form located here http://www.google.com/addurl.html. This method is not as dependable as listing with The Open Directory, but it can get you in. Google admits that they may not add every site, so don't be surprised if this does not work for you.

3) The third way to get listed is to be linked from another web site that is already in Google. That way, when Google's spider goes to visit that site for updates, it will pick up the link to your site and add it. This method does not always work, but many sites do get in this way.

seorajeshkumar, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  8. Anna Howard

Anna Howard Peon

Best Answers:
    Go on submitting sitemaps with in the specific search engine along with going for techniques of Web Directory Submissions.......

Anna Howard, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  9. rwsseo

rwsseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit sitemap.xml in Google and do off page strategies to listed in Google.

rwsseo, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  10. GURUSOFIT

GURUSOFIT Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    if you are just asking about how to get indexed then search on google about that phrase "google add url" and if you are looking to get high position in google search engine result pages then you might need offpage seo strategies :D

GURUSOFIT, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  11. WhiteGyr

WhiteGyr Grunt

Best Answers:
    Get an account in Google and goto their webmaster tools, read suggestions and follow the instructions.. If your site has unique information Google will index it.

WhiteGyr, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  12. gauri01

gauri01 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you wanna to get google listing ur site first you doing search engine submission and after that you have to submitting in dmoz.org and other directories.

gauri01, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  13. clonepal

clonepal Active Member

Best Answers:
    First of all, you must add your URL on google, here: google.com/addurl

Then make a sitemap for your website and submit it on google webmaster tools.

I can help you with this, just send me a PM if you need any help.

-Alex

clonepal, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  14. JoshMosa

JoshMosa Peon

Best Answers:
    make sure you have a good ping list and ping your site!

JoshMosa, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  15. susan_ham

susan_ham Peon

Best Answers:
    Google likes original contents, it's useless to copy others' articles and post them to your sites, since it would be regard as spam, besides, quality backlinks would be also helpful!

susan_ham, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  16. Kiranraj

Kiranraj Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go with SEO techniques for getting Google listing for your website

Kiranraj, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  17. makwarne

makwarne Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your website and site map into Google webmaster too and create quality back links.

makwarne, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  18. aira

aira Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another trick to get into Google listing is thru submitting your site/link to popular social bookmarking sites such as technorati, digg, delicious, folked, etc.

aira, Feb 9, 2011 IP