1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to get domains in PENDINGDELETE status

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by badmaash, Jun 10, 2008.

how do I secure a domain that is in the PENDINGDELETE status?

.com

Expiry - 2008-03-28

current status: On-hold (pending Delete)

How do I ensue that I scoop this one up? Last time I just sat there trying to snap a domain up but someone got it beofre me. There must be a cleaver way of getting a domain that is about to be deleted?

TY

badmaash, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  2. dmi

dmi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backorder it.

dmi, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  3. tobycoke

tobycoke Peon

Best Answers:
    Names in the 5 day PendingDelete period cannot be registered or renewed. You have to wait until the second they drop at which time automated backorder and domain-tasting bots compete to grab them. It's hard for an individual to compete against the volume of automated registration attempts. Your best chance is to use a backorder service.

tobycoke, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  4. GreenGambler

GreenGambler Notable Member

Best Answers:
    GreenGambler, Jun 10, 2008 IP
  5. badmaash

badmaash Peon

Best Answers:
    What "f"!

All the domains that I saw on the delete list for today appear to have been taken

Does that mean before the next delete the interested domains I should buy through snapnames?

This lot are making to much money - $60!!!

6. badmaash

badmaash Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry - I do not understand all domains that were for delete today all have expiry dates ofr next year but a still in the pending delete state?

WHats going on here?

7. bigkahuna

bigkahuna Member

Best Answers:
    backorder services are worthless. I tried them once when I was a nube, but quickly found out what a scam they are. The only chance you have is with a service like snapnames. Here's why. When decent domains expire, the registrars and top domainers (who are commonly registrars themselves), jump on them. They have bots and custom software and scripts that hammer the registration servers hundreds of times a second. Those are the insider jerks that get the good names. The only chance you have is with snapnames. You go to them and sign up, then you tell them which domains you are interested in. They somehow have a leg up on all the slimebag insiders and usually get the name. They then own it, but they have a 4 day auction for it and you actually have a chance to get it. The days of having a decent name drop and joe public having a chance to get it are gone. The backorder services only grab it if it becomes publicly available. They are absolutely worthless. They ought to be banned because all they do is rip off folks new to domaining. One chance you might have is to wait 5 days and try again. If a domain taster gets hold of it, they will hold it for five days and if it doesn't get the traffic, then they drop it and it goes immediately public. I got extremely lucky once and got a name I wanted this way.

bigkahuna, Jun 14, 2008 IP
  8. Essociate

Essociate Peon

Best Answers:
    the new icann rules might even make it possible for you to hand register names going forward

Essociate, Jul 8, 2008 IP
  9. watershawl

watershawl Peon

Best Answers:
    GreenGrabber, thanks for the link to the ICANN page, I've been looking for a domain chart like that!

watershawl, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  10. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Godaddy backorder service, sometimes its a working alternative.

wptheme, Apr 10, 2010 IP
  11. greenman1

greenman1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm agree with you, just try to order it...

greenman1, Apr 13, 2010 IP
  12. spydn

spydn Peon

Best Answers:
    Backorder is still the best way. If this domain is valuable.
    On other case and manually as I know, you'll have to wait 0 to 5 days in the pending period and buy it between 18h and 20h GMT daytime.

spydn, Dec 3, 2012 IP