1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get clients directly for copy-writing business?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by prince mondal, May 6, 2014.

1. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, after freelance sites, you've got to look at direct marketing, real world networking and so forth. You don't have to give up freelance sites, they do provide a convenient resource free of marketing and administration. Hoever, the real work takes real effort as well.

SCookAAM, Jun 13, 2014 IP
  2. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as you already have done some copywriting at freelance sites. I feel the best way for you is showcase on your past work. You could upload your previous works and testimonial on a website. Then contact potential clients to see if they need copywriting work.
    The easy way to know who is your potential client, is to browse through the forum and see which members have purchase copywriting in the past. PM them to ask.

Melisa455, Jul 6, 2014 IP
    Keith Nimble likes this.
  3. Emma Pollard

Emma Pollard Active Member

Best Answers:
    Surely uploading previous work to your own website is a bit iffy to say the least. This work has been sold as (hopefully) unique and in good faith. Uploading it to another site is going to affect the ranking of both sites and is not good practice!! Contact previous clients and request PERMISSION to link to their site to showcase your work, ask for a testimonial at the same time (if you don't already have one).
    My T's&C's state that copyright passes to the client on receipt of full payment, I was of the opinion that this was standard practice, am I wrong??

Emma Pollard, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  4. SCookAAM

SCookAAM Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, Emma, while that's generally true, it doesn't stop you from referring to the copy. Especially if it's website content, it's easy to just link to the actual live content you wrote. Also, a nice side benefit of freelance sites is the fact that they compound your profile with previous work.

Of course, should you market for your own clients, you can always ask permission to link, or to get a writing credit.

SCookAAM, Jul 11, 2014 IP
  5. Melisa455

Melisa455 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I did ask permission before I go ahead. But Emma Pollard, thanks for pointed that out. I will be careful in future and link my work to my client sites instead.

Melisa455, Jul 12, 2014 IP