1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get Cash from Paypal in INDIA

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by arunchhabra, Feb 21, 2007.

1. World_Peace

World_Peace Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well i am not hacking this thread..
    But as i saw the posts above some fellow indians want to exchnage paypal to INR and i would soon be offering this service like in a month may be.

World_Peace, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  2. arvind_srivastava

arvind_srivastava Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

And this is something that I do not support at any cost.

Why to exchage at lower rates when we can exchange at market rates?

That is why I support Xoom as a service provider which happens to be legal, good and fast service exchanger.
    We all should get the maximum benifit of our hardwork in terms of profit.

Al

arvind_srivastava, Feb 26, 2007 IP
  3. srijaga_cbe

srijaga_cbe Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you arvind. There is lot of info in your post.

"Quote:
    Always remember one basic thing - Whatever Funds you are bringing in it should hit your business bank account first. If you are doing business in your own name then the funds should come right to your savings bank account. No exceptions. Whatever bank it may be but it must be a bank.

Please note this point carefully, Indians (VERY IMPORTANT)"

If I use my savings bank account, then I can request Paypal --> Xoom--> My Savings Bank account.
    But If Im sending invoice in a Business Name(eg. XYZ Solutions), is it possible to make Paypal(personal/premier)-> Xoom-> My Business Bank Account (I know xoom is for personal payment only. But for a confirmation i asked. Sorry if its irrelevant )

If I use a SB Account i my name for receiving Paypal via xoom and a Business bank account for my Domestic/local billing, How i would prepare for tax returns. please post ur info.

srijaga_cbe, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  4. arvind_srivastava

Best Answers:
    This is fairly legal and allowed by Xoom authorities.

This is illegal as the name on the PP account and Business Bank account do not match and is not supported by Xoom. However if you open a PP in the name of the Business and then try to move funds through Xoom to your Business Bank account you won't have any problems at all.

[/quote]

This is alloowed as this falls under Indian government preview under the conditions mentioned in the Income Tax laws.
    You could pay taxes on the income you made as an individual and then move the funds to your company account showing it as a loan to the company by it's Directors/Partners.
    Although there are various other ways but I don't think they should be discussed as they cannot be called as "fair" ;):p

BUSINESS GAMES

Al

arvind_srivastava, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  5. srijaga_cbe

srijaga_cbe Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks arvind. Could you please explain how to verify Paypal Business Account. On who's credit card? Can I use my HDFC bank Savings Account's Netsafe option to verify Paypal Business account?
    If it is possible then i can do Paypal Business --> Xoom --> My Business Bank Acc. else Paypal -> Xoom -> Savings Bank Account. :)

srijaga_cbe, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  6. Kulwinder

Kulwinder Active Member

Best Answers:
    The requirement of an IEC code creates problems for people who have just turned 18 and well will soon have a bank acc. :)
    Now,
    • Get a bank account.
    • Get a credit card to verify ur paypal acc. and to make some payments ( this needs a 3 month bank statement and you need regular transactions + you need to show work experience)
    • Get a PAN card, you need to file your returns :(
    • After you get a PAN card, you need to get an IEC code (20 days or more)
    Please correct me if I am wrong at this.

So I am currently in the above situation :( Still need to get started from the 1st step.

Kulwinder, Feb 27, 2007 IP
  7. arvind_srivastava

Best Answers:
    Sure buddy, you can use the Netsafe card to verify your business paypal id.
    After you are done, Paypal Business --->Xoom----> Your business bank account is legal and Ok. Although I am not certain whether you can use the "plastic" card provided by HDFC bank or not if it bears any other name than the "Business Name".

Al

arvind_srivastava, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  8. Kulwinder

Kulwinder Active Member

Best Answers:
    hmm, HDFC provides wire transfers directly too right?
    Xoom requires registrations to those who are born on or before 1987, and so I couldnt even register. Also please stress mre on the IEC code, is a PAN card compulsorily required? or any other ways?

Regards,
    Zeazt.

Kulwinder, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  9. srijaga_cbe

srijaga_cbe Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks arvind!
    So HDFC's Netsafe is vital for those who are not able to get a credit card to verify Paypal.
    @Zeast
    Pan Card is very important if your transaction volume goes above 1 lakh. Private banks like Icici, HDFC are asking PAN card for above 50,000.
    If you have you are in safer side or keep your transaction volume low.

srijaga_cbe, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  10. Kulwinder

Kulwinder Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting a PAN Card is really time consuming. I donot do any other business as if now. I have started it here on DP. but I have kept it on hault as my exams are nearing. 1 lakh per year would be ok, but 50,000 is something easier so it seems I would definately need it. Or I can do 1 thing, I can show 50,000 per year and if I earn more then I would probably have to ask some Indian DP. member to convert my paypal into INR. :) Hows that?

Regards,
    Zeazt.

Kulwinder, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  11. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    bobchrist, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  12. toonsmania

toonsmania Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello guys I have solutions for getting your PP money out easily. Contact me online at at yahoo and msn.
    Thanks

toonsmania, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  13. arvind_srivastava

Best Answers:
    I will clarify the situation for you.
    You do not require an IEC number as your business is too small and secondly IEC number is not mandatory (today the budget was shown and I couldn't hear it but even if the rules have been changed they will be effective from September onwards)

Not mandatory that if you need a PAN card you need to file taxes and neither is it mandatory that you file taxes if you have a PAN card (although advisable)

Utter crap. No such service available for PP funds although wire services are available for other financial dealings

Utter crap idea. You make 50,000 or 1,00,000/year bring the funds to India as there will be tax on it.However income above this will be taxed.Also please fill the form and deposit it in the Income-Tax office (Form Saral) and thereby go and apply for a PAN Card

I hope this will help.

Thanks for your services. But I guess it would have helped if you provided the info here itself.

Al

arvind_srivastava, Feb 28, 2007 IP
  14. SuryaPuthran

SuryaPuthran Guest

Best Answers:
    Hi Arvind...
    You cleared most of my doubts...
    I sent you a pm...please check them and reply back..

Will we need to pay service tax in india for providing services online to foreign people?

SuryaPuthran, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  15. arvind_srivastava

Best Answers:
    Thanks for appreciating my post.

Your Pm has been replied.

Feel free to ask any further questions you have in mind.

Al

arvind_srivastava, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  16. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    bobchrist, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  17. -Abhishek-

-Abhishek- Regaining my Momentum!

Best Answers:
    Arvinda Srivasatava, You are on a terrible misguiding spree!

Deposit or no Deposit, DONOT do it! By paying xoom, you are not bringing any foreign exchange in India, it goes to their paypal account! And they act as a conversion body to send you INR, which is routed in via a financial institution located in Bahrain!

Allowed by the Xoom authorities <== Mind you they have no control whatsoever! I have despatched a hand-written letter to the RBI. Let's see what their reply is.

Also, mate you appeared to have talked to some Xoom authority about this. I suggest you keep a record of any email or phone talks you have gone through. You never know who or where is having a bad day :)

Cheers

-Abhishek-, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  18. getjimmy

getjimmy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes Requesting a cheque is a good optin amoung all.U can also use Xoom.

getjimmy, Mar 1, 2007 IP
  19. scorechase

scorechase Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks arvind, this was very very useful information. I have a clarification:

I had the money transferred by Demand Draft, which needs to be deposited to a bank to be able to make use of it. After reading the other thread, I always thought I made an illegal transaction and had stopped doing so.

But from your post it seems like "as long as" the money is deposited to a bank before use, it is perfectly legal. Also, if the taxes are paid properly, we dont need EIC number unless our income is more than $25,000.

Please confirm this. This would be a great relief.

scorechase, Mar 1, 2007 IP
    -Abhishek- likes this.
  20. shags

shags Peon

Best Answers:
    u can even try creatin a new acc wit some other UK address as it has greater limit and transfer funds there and then use xoom to transfer

shags, Mar 1, 2007 IP