1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get Banned From Google Adsense In Just few hours

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by valeriya, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    But you have to give them a social security number for tax purposes... wouldn't that be in a data base?
    SEMrush

jlerner, May 29, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. TheAdMan

TheAdMan Peon

Best Answers:
    I noticed that google was trying to bring this issue to a point when they had me/everyone agree to their new updated agreement which spelled out:
    "Thou shalt not click on thine own ads" - paraphrased. I got the point. That updated contract allows them to close you down with stronger authority

TheAdMan, May 29, 2005 IP
  3. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    I think we can all aggree that clicking your own ads for the purpose of generating revenue is stealing. However, it seems draconian to summarily dismiss someone for 1 accidental click which produced no revenue (once you log in - your IP address produces zero click $)

jlerner, May 29, 2005 IP
  4. coolguy

coolguy Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm interested to know how does google figures it out if the bogus clicking is being done ?

coolguy, May 29, 2005 IP
  5. jlerner

jlerner Guest

Best Answers:
    When you log into your adsense account , your IP address is stored. All clicks from that IP address are considered invalid. Additionaly, excessive clicks from any IP address, or some implausible CTR would also trigger a flag.

jlerner, May 29, 2005 IP
  6. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    my bad... :p

NewComputer, May 29, 2005 IP
  7. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    I had read this elsewhere, but no one had proof of it. It makes sense, but proxies etc... who knows...

NewComputer, May 29, 2005 IP
  8. khushal

khushal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so that means if i want to knock someone out of adsense i shall click his ads say 50 times n wham he's gone ....wouldnt that be easy to knock any one out!!! JC wud have been the first one on my list:)

khushal, May 29, 2005 IP
  9. SegWayne

SegWayne Peon

Best Answers:
    It will only be a matter of time before some enterprising individual (not me) writes a virus to auto-click on any google advertisements that the end-user sees without their knowledge.

This will pretty much bring Adsense to it's knees, but as one of the aforementioned people out there who was arbitrarily banned from Adsense after one month without explanation (and without clicking on any advertisements -- I knew better), I just can't seem to care.

In my particular case, as others have suggested, there was a small contingency of people who were pissed off at my running ads on ONE of my 10 or so legitimate sites. One Saturday or so, they all got together and spent pretty much the entire afternoon clicking on my ads (which I only noticed went from like $4.00 per day to $28.00 per day overnight). All this happened before I could write Google and ask them what was going on. I just got the standard "you're screwed" letter. Despite many attempts to get information, or to appeal through Google, all I've gotten is stock answers and now they won't even respond at all.

I know there are other programs out there, but considering that google adsense (and adwords) were one of the cornerstones of my entire business plan, I am fairly decimated by their Draconian measures with no method of reason or appeal.

I'm not advocating theft here. I know that invalid clicks are a serious endangerment to the entire program, but now, rather than simply suspending google adverts and refunding the money on that one site (the only one which had the issue), I personally am apparently "Verboten" to ever use Adsense again, on ANY of my sites, regardless of the situation. That I find unacceptable and a piss-poor way to run a business.

Wayne

SegWayne, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  10. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    At $4 per day being the cornerstone of your business plan, you may want to go back to business school and have another look...

As for being banned by the masses... I believe Google has a very solid tracking system and as such, they will get it right more often than not. Of course, there are going to be exceptions (you likely being one) who will fall through the cracks...

NewComputer, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  11. SegWayne

SegWayne Peon

Best Answers:
    Just to be clear, it was $4.00 per day from that one, smaller site that got me banned. I had several larger sites and was "making" (legitimately) between $10 and $12 per day off of each of the others in the first month of my Google existence. I also wasn't doing this full time like some other people I know. I was only HOPING to get to the level of being able to quit my 7 to 7 job and run my Websites (which I love doing) for a living.

In one fell swoop, without explanation or any means of appeal, Google (and the idiot clicker kids responsible) have slammed the door in my face as far as that possibility goes. So much for their "solid" tracking methods.

Wayne

SegWayne, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  12. NewComputer

Best Answers:
    Fair enough Wayne,

Sucks to be in your position. All you can do is try to contact them again or maybe have your mom or wife get an account... *shrug*

NewComputer, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  13. Shoemoney

Shoemoney $

Best Answers:

BAD MONKEY :eek:

Shoemoney, Jun 24, 2005 IP
  14. reddoxster

reddoxster Peon

Best Answers:
    Great job Josh! I agree with you. She should have atleast mentioned that it wasn't her's. And then taking credit? Man!
    PS: She did something alright! She changed 2-clicks to few hours!

reddoxster, Jun 25, 2005 IP
  15. astrovineet

astrovineet Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also Add one more thing... Dont mention anywhere in your site for visitors to click on your Adsense Ads.

PLEASE DONT EVER TRY TO MAKE GOOGLE UNCLE ANGRY !!!

Thanks and Regards

Viineet Jain

astrovineet, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  16. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    BTW why do u post ur site in every post?
    MrAstro :( (it called soft spam)

amitpatel_3001, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  17. devin

devin Guest

Best Answers:
    lol amit considering what we talked about in the other thread...
    ...he should've added "I SPEAK FROM EXPERIENCE". :D:D

devin, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  18. amitpatel_3001

amitpatel_3001 Results Follow Patience

Best Answers:
    My predictions are not wrong :D:D

amitpatel_3001, Mar 13, 2006 IP
  19. Marcus_Westberg

Marcus_Westberg Peon

Best Answers:
    Soon there will be web maffias out there threatening you to pay $100 to a paypal account otherwise their network of internet badboys each give a click on the ads at your site everyday and then you are definetly getting banned by that. The truth is that this sucks! even more sucky is that it is possible that someone might do this!

Marcus_Westberg, Mar 14, 2006 IP
  20. Hemanth

Hemanth Active Member

Best Answers:
    True.. I can expect it in the near future. But this repeated clicks make sense for a site with lower page impressions.

But i can't understand the fact that some developing countirslike Tailand has a very few real ips for an isp.They share them to the users. So google should definitly ban Tai sites with ads due to lot of clicks from the same ip.

Hemanth, Mar 14, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.