1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get Banned From Google Adsense In Just few hours

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by valeriya, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 12FreeForums

12FreeForums Peon

Best Answers:
    Adsense will only ban you if you are getting very strange behaviour. If you trip the auto-fraud detection system, then a human investigates.

12FreeForums, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  2. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Then how does "auto-fraud detection system" detect fraud?

In this case if oneday we make huge income and high CTR and get suspect and tell google about it, We have actually jeopardize our google adsense, because a HUMAN investigates. :eek:
    Don't they warn before termination?

Arasp, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  3. Tuning

Tuning Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But if you are "honest" about the fraud activity, then you dont have to worry. Google will watch the Fraud IP for next couple of days and finall decides to strip down the income generated from those clicks. ;)

Tuning, Feb 10, 2005 IP
  4. dave920

dave920 Peon

Best Answers:
    I once clicked one of my own ads by mistake (it was at the top of the page, next to the tab on my browser I meant to click on). And, knowing the horror stories of AdSense publishers getting banned, I emailed Google right away to alert them. I received what looked like a form response back, reminding me about what a "fradulent click" is, which I obviously understood - otherwise I wouldn't have emailed them in the first place. Either way, no further action was taken, and I'm assuming they deducted whatever the click was worth from my revenue.

dave920, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  5. Guy G

Guy G Peon

Best Answers:
    One clicked wont get you banned.... neither 5 will.

Guy G, Feb 12, 2005 IP
  6. Arasp

Arasp Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I guess fraud clicks from your IPs will not make you any money. I sometimes click on my own ads just to see the websites (Sometimes I am interested in those sites).

I've tested and have noticed that there will be no money for my clicks on my own ads.
    However, most of the time, I do not click on my own ads, It sounds risky anyway.

Arasp, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  7. Crazy_Rob

Crazy_Rob I seen't it!

Best Answers:
    Unreal! :confused:

Crazy_Rob, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  8. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    Im pretty sure you will have to click on other peoples adsense sooner rather than later

l234244, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  9. jackburton

jackburton Peon

Best Answers:
    Google = GOD OF WRATH

Or so it seems from all the fear they've managed to instill in their publishers. I've not met an affiliate that's managed such paranoia without even trying.

jackburton, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  10. maverick

maverick Peon

Best Answers:
    I had once clicked on my own ads mistakenly, and emailed google immediately, and they got back with nothing deducted from my account..

I have also observed that clicking own ads, wont increase revenue (thats why prolly they did not deduct anything from my account ;))

Another IMP thing I kinda dont know about is, when we login to the adsense account, the automated system must be taking into account the IP and any clicks from that IP would not have been given any revenue for clicks. But I am not pretty sure how robust that is! I mean whether they really take this IP into consideration or no.

One more thing they should be following, many clicks on the same day from any IP, and the IP is banned forever!!! Though not tested this, and dont want to taste myself either :D

maverick, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  11. jlawrence

jlawrence Peon

Best Answers:
    I can't believe that google would simply ban the account because of lots of clicks from 1 IP address.
    If they can show (to themselves) that it's probably your own IP then yes the should ban you.
    If they just ban you regardless, then as pointed out before - it would be too easy to get rid of competitors or to get attacked by a competitor.

jlawrence, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  12. stephaneggy

stephaneggy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You better just hover your mouse on the ad and look for the url and type it in manually :)

stephaneggy, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  13. samantha pia

samantha pia Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    just a thought, a school has one ip# and 3000 kids, 30 kids can join a sites chatroom and make life a bitch for the admin, ( two years of student centre admin for 580,000 teens) so i know, what if they click the ad? its a ban yes? will no i dont think so, i would have thought that as an ip# thats static maybe, but most ip#s are not, AOL just use the same ip for anyone but not at the same time, dynamic ip's are reused all the time, but i would have thought that a MAC address is what google logs, your modem, network card, all have a MAC address that is not given to anything else, so thats what i would have thought google log

samantha pia, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  14. juice99

juice99 Guest

Best Answers:
    it is impossible to log your MAC addres, it doesnt go behind LAN.
    There are many other possibilities to see you are using another computer from the same IP. The easiest is local IP address which usually is also sent when you are using some proxy.

You can read many things from cookies also, but i dont know this topic well, but im sure they can at least see that this is another computer.

juice99, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  15. paymentapprovaltooslow

paymentapprovaltooslow Banned

Best Answers:
    What is the big deal about being banned...if you dont click your ads and dont encourage other to do so you will be fine. Follow the TOS and dont do anything stupid.

And most of you guys probably won even clear the $100 minimum so its not like you would have anything to lose if you do get banned. If you want to make money, get a job.

paymentapprovaltooslow, Mar 8, 2005 IP
  16. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    Woah, Thats a bit harsh. Heh. But your right, if you don't click your own ads it is a non-issue.

Besides. There are about 6-10 other well-paying PPC's that exist if you DID get banned.

gford, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  17. bobgreen5s

bobgreen5s Peon

Best Answers:
    After 3 months of google ads on my website, recently I reached $130 and today
    BAM banned. An email in my inbox. I made the grave mistake of clicking on my own ad.

bobgreen5s, May 23, 2005 IP
  18. bobgreen5s

bobgreen5s Peon

Best Answers:
    What other well-paying PPC's exist?

bobgreen5s, May 23, 2005 IP
  19. Homer

Homer Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    Welcome to DP bobgreen5s. Sorry to hear about your luck, that sucks. You may want to visit this thread

Good luck

Homer, May 23, 2005 IP
  20. lingeriediva

lingeriediva Peon

Best Answers:
    As I get more successful with AS I get even more cautious about fraud clicks/accidentally clicking my own ads/letting anyone near my computer when I am on my site....

Partially it is because I don't want to be kicked off; but it is also the fact that I really respect how Google works and the opportunity it gives people to make money from their website.

The biggest threat to that money is the possibility that advertisers will see fraud. They stop advertising, we all lose.

At the same time, Bob, write Google. It may not help but it might.

lingeriediva, May 24, 2005 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.