1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How To Get Around March 5 Google Slap?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by johnny1, Mar 5, 2008.

1. kievppc

kievppc Peon

Best Answers:
    does sitemap really matter that much?

kievppc, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  2. onestop

onestop Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    what are you talking about. there are many 1 page (bridge) sites didn't get slapped. Just read this post from uberaffiliate.com, he got slapped also. So it's not for only newbies.

I have a theory about all this, I'm planning to write about it on my blog. It's the tip of the iceberg. Google has bigger plans coming up.

onestop, Mar 5, 2008 IP
    johnny1 and itsme like this.
  3. gopherr

gopherr Peon

Best Answers:
    Paul got slapped because his site is a) a bridge page and b) mimics the merchants LP.

They already slapped those back in May when Blockbuster was the next hot thing and everyone was running a copied Blockbuster splash page.

gopherr, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  4. onestop

Best Answers:
    gopherr did any of your sites get slapped?

onestop, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  5. imzeeconsulting

imzeeconsulting Peon

Best Answers:
    By Posting

imzeeconsulting, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  6. gopherr

gopherr Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, a few Ringtone ones.

gopherr, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  7. imzeeconsulting

imzeeconsulting Peon

Best Answers:
    Its very good idea ;)

imzeeconsulting, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  8. onestop

Best Answers:
    thanks for the reply gopherr. what do you think about this comment by uberaffiliate?

I try to understand's google's philosophy here with affiliates. One of the most searched affiliate keywords brings 8 total blackhat spammers out of 10 organic search results on the first page, and they slap every single affiliate.

Affiliate business is growing pretty fast. Google couldn't get what they were planning with their CPA program. What if google says we will bann every site with an affiliate link UNLESS it uses Google CPA program?

This might be the question:

Does Google want a bigger slice from the affiliate cake? And what's the route they will take to have a bigger slice?

P.S. 1) Why does somebody negative rep me for sharing my honest thoughts at this topic???

P.S. 2) is imzeeconsulting just spamming DP right now by posting many NONSENSE stuff??? are there any mods around?

onestop, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  9. gopherr

gopherr Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't know, I know of someone that mentioned the only site that didn't get slapped (on his account) was a real site he was promoting. But I don't know how good his other campaigns where. I do know that Pauls main site was basically a bridge page that was mimicking the merchants site, so that's likely the reason this particular site got slapped.

gopherr, Mar 5, 2008 IP
  10. MarketLady

MarketLady Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I too got slapped around pretty bad. I talked with a google rep a few hours ago and got no answers. The poor reps don;t have a clue.

Google truly f**** us this time. I have an ad group that had 30% or so CTR for a few months and converted 1 in 10 that no needs 5$ or 10 per click.

A couple of remarks:
    1. This slap has everything to do with landing pages. Google is becoming more strict.
    2. Google is targeting old sites as well as new. I have a campaign for Fat Loss 4 Idiots which got slapped totally even though yesterday it had a Great QS
    3. I have landing pages which I think are horrible, provide little content other than sending people away to affiliate sites which have not been slapped yet. They have white spaces, little links and still work fine.
    4. I estimate my loses from this at 1000$ a month at least.

I doubt if google will ever provide any of us with real answers.

MarketLady, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  11. floorthecore

floorthecore Peon

Best Answers:

Is there a reason you even bother with a landing page like you describe in #3? Is there a reason why you guys don't just direct link to the product? I have yet to be slapped around doing it. Someone prove me wrong that a landing page provides better conversions.

floorthecore, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  12. MarketLady

MarketLady Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason I bother with such a website is that it sells very well and has done so for close to a year.

Linking to the product means that your ad is displayed much less than the potential. Also, I specifically said that one of my campaigns in which I direct traffic to the merchant's site were also slapped and this site has a CB gravity of 500+ and always enjoyed excellent quality score.

MarketLady, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  13. retrocode0071

retrocode0071 Banned

Best Answers:
    OK bigmarvloyal & Fredroe

Since google caps each account to 100 adwords campaigns... then you must have one of those linked together campaigns. Maybe that is how you avoid the slap. I spend several thousand dollars a month on google, and I see a slap running through my sites today...

Maybe you could share a bit more about how you avoid the slap, or better fixed you site after a slap... rather than the stupid google answer of .. take a look at your site, and fix it... that is a nonsense answer that helps no one.

A slapped domain is dead. for a while (not sure how long).

retrocode0071, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  14. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Google has maintenance on Saturday. Do you think it'll be fixed then?
    nadavs

nadavs, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  15. xboxundone

xboxundone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't hold my breath on it... but as with all Google Slaps I give a week before any drastic changes... but cause i have been hit before in error and within a few days it came back..... So i wouldn't do a knee jerk reaction but I am also planning incase it doesn't come back..

xboxundone, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  16. PoorGuy

PoorGuy Peon

Best Answers:

Hmm.. so this gives us an idea.. so they don't really like ringtones.. have you figure out how to unslapped those? what about adding tons of articles or content or a blog on the front end?

PoorGuy, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  17. gopherr

gopherr Peon

Best Answers:
    They don't like Ringtones, eBookes, zip/email submits and any offers that collect data. Wouldn't waste my time building "proper" sites for any of these offers, as they'll get slapped again sooner or later.

gopherr, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  18. nadavs

nadavs Active Member

Best Answers:
    They better start liking ebooks if they want to stay in business.
    All these slaps are immediately published globally and give them a very bad reputation.
    nadavs

nadavs, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  19. EReilly

EReilly Peon

Best Answers:
    Ringtones, lead generation, marginally scammy stuff that does not actually violate their editorial policy.

EReilly, Mar 6, 2008 IP
  20. johnny1

johnny1 Peon

Best Answers:
    johnny1, Mar 6, 2008 IP