1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get an 2 weeks old database of a deleted website

Discussion in 'Web Hosting' started by wpdevel, Jun 29, 2016.

Hello,

- I am using a reseller web hosting from a good web host, and I was a happy customer for that hosting site,

I have the main account - let's say - a.com which have a WHM access and there are total 15 numbers of other domains are hosted on their separated cPanel account,

Now, I have requested the server admin to reduce my server from 2 GB ram to 1 GB ram and dual core cpu to single core CPU options which I got after a server up gradation request last month,

On behalf of that support ticket, they terminate my main reseller account/service - A.com (accidentally),

Now, after few mins gone in termination period, I asked them again what is going on! they understand my concern and make my service active again,
    but then I realise all of my domains and their data (MySQL) are lost! no database present at any of these sites,

few of them they restored back but they are still unable for few, so is there any way to retrieve the old database, at least 2 weeks ago, and where can I get that?

In WHM, there is no option for backup...
    or in which folder should I look into in file manager?

wpdevel, Jun 29, 2016 IP
  2. jsmcm

jsmcm Active Member

Best Answers:
    WHM doesn't do backups by default. If you never set the backups up in the first place then there are none. I don't use whm any more, I use webcp.pw (which luckily does do backups by default) but if I remember correctly then cpanel backups are not available from the file manager (/home dirs), you'll need root access to the server via ssh and check in /backups/cpanel/daily(/weekly)... As I said, I haven't used cpanel in about 5 years so I could be wrong

jsmcm, Sep 18, 2016 IP
  3. MechanicWeb-shoss

MechanicWeb-shoss Active Member

Best Answers:
    Many decent providers now offer daily backups which they store for up to 30 days. If your provider offers any backup, the database should be available to them in the backups. Whether they will provide it to you or not (since it's a terminated account), that's entirely up to them.

MechanicWeb-shoss, Oct 9, 2016 IP