1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get a successful active community

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by Ricus, Sep 2, 2012.

I have recently launched a Mental Health forum, but I am not quite satisfied that I am the only person posting. Paying for posts on the other hand is quite expensive and you are never sure how good the posts actually are.
    On Search Engine Optimization I am already working, but of course a forum is dead if there are no topics available.

Now how else can I reach a few other people to post in my forum? Should I simply ask friends online for help or get partners?

Ricus, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  2. Meeeeepo

Meeeeepo Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, its very hard for new forums indeed. Create new profilies and try make some interesting discussions:)

Meeeeepo, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  3. Ricus

Ricus Peon

Best Answers:
    Any smart answer that does not only require common sense would be very helpful. :)

Ricus, Sep 2, 2012 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well, I think the best answer applies to any website (not just a forum/community). If you want any site to be successful, just ask yourself what you are offering users that they want/need that they can't get anywhere else. If your forum is nothing more than a discussion forum, I'd say it's going to be very difficult to establish yourself these days, because users will be more happy at a forum of a similar niche that is already established/busy. But if you can draw them to your site because of something unique you are giving them and then funnel them into your forum because they are already on your site for something else... that would be the way to do it imo.

For example, we had our keyword tracker system that had TONS of registered users *before* we had a forum: http://tools.digitalpoint.com/tracker

digitalpoint, Sep 9, 2012 IP
  5. iandille101

iandille101 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Try to post intriguing forums and talk about matters that are relative issues of today. Choose also topics that are worthy to be headliners.

iandille101, Sep 13, 2012 IP
  6. etc

etc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, you have already started topics so continue posting articles on it. And maybe images along with it. You can then hire some posters. You may also try to find yahoo groups that you can share same interest.

etc, Sep 13, 2012 IP