1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get a lot of FREE traffic

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Topcitypictures, Feb 3, 2016.

Hello dear community,
    I am currently doing marketing for my 1st start up WEB site.
    I as a starter of course don't have much money on marketing however this is a must have.
    What are the ways to boost traffic for absoultely free? I mean in easy way and huge amounts.
    No doubt we all know about SEO, content marketing and socials but I believe there are even more easy ways.

Like what I've got:
    1. Submit your site for likes4likes platforms
    2. Submit your site for FREE traffic ads trials
    3. Submit your site to Chrome

Any ideas or WEB tools to make great amounts of traffic by simply a one-two-click ways?

Thank you in advance for contribution to the thread.

Topcitypictures, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    What is your #3? I never knew you can submit a site to Chrome.

qwikad.com, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  3. Luke Patel

Luke Patel Banned

Best Answers:
    free traffic coming only from the smo sites so better is that submit your site in smo sites.

Luke Patel, Feb 3, 2016 IP
  4. iwebsocial

iwebsocial Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can drive free traffic using SEO, Social media sites, Guest Blogging, Blog commenting, Forum posting etc. Whilst most of them are work if you have good amount of quality content on your website or blog.

iwebsocial, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  5. Snowman90

Snowman90 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The thing is that those site you mentioned eg like4like bring low quality traffic.

Try and use site like scoop.it, Quora, share on beta list, create a crunch base page, startupli.st, Erlibird.com, etc. I have a list somewhere. Pm me and I'll dig it out

Snowman90, Feb 4, 2016 IP
  6. goodgame119

goodgame119 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    My advice is to use forums to increase traffic to your website.

Forums can absolutely dominate when it comes to driving traffic to a website. In fact, I’ve seen many blogs start this way.

Forum signatures are there for one reason… to be used.

Most Forums will have a “new post” section. This is the easiest way to watch what’s going on, saves time browsing through the Forum.

Once you have found a thread that is related to your website or an article, simply link them out to your site if you think it could help them.

Try not to spam or you will get the ban hammer pretty quick!

Also try to use RIGHT social media. Social Media can drive good amounts of traffic. If done right, you can generate huge traffic this way. First you need to find where your audience hangs out.

I know few great success stories on Pinterest. The biggest users on Pinterest are women and one of the most popular things is food…. especially recipes.

I use Twitter for most of my Social Media engagement because that’s where my audience hangs out. .There would be no point in putting all my effort into something like Pinterest or Tumblr. My audience doesn’t hang out there.

Write engaging content that speaks to your audience. This is one thing I hate doing, writing content..
    To find someone who write high quality content and available whenever we need something is hard.

I rocommend textroyal.com . In the long run this service is going to make you lots of profit.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    goodgame119, Feb 11, 2016 IP
  7. EPol83

EPol83 Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are dozens of ways to get targeted free traffic. I get boatloads of signups using just facebook groups and a autoposter. As I'm writing this I'm getting free traffic from different souces.

EPol83, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  8. ceenote100

ceenote100 Active Member

Best Answers:
    You shouldn't hate writing content if you have something that you love to write about.

ceenote100, Feb 13, 2016 IP
    Spoiltdiva likes this.
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What people love is quite different then
    what they want. Just because you have passion,
    and even know more then the next does not mean you want
    to write about it, and even writing takes a certain skill.

So I do not think he should write about it just because he
    has passion, it may turn out that he is not a good writer...

dscurlock, Feb 13, 2016 IP
  10. avpol

avpol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Guest blogging, Twitter, forum posting (signature), Reddit (with caution. For example, look here: http://smartblogtips.blogspot.in/2014/08/reddit-massive-traffic-source-how-to.html It's only an example, there are other ways to promote your site on Reddit; some precautions should be taken, too. Google for "how to sell/promote on Reddit" to find out more about those precautions).

avpol, Feb 14, 2016 IP
  11. Tross

Tross Peon

Best Answers:
    I haven't had much luck getting free traffic yet with my site, but I guess I should give it some time. In my experience though, tools to get "free" traffic usually involve signing up for something and paying a monthly or yearly fee. Posting on forums can help get traffic. There is another forum called the warrior forum that has been helpful to me. Don't let its name fool you, it's actually a business and marketing site.

Tross, Feb 22, 2016 IP
  12. Ankit Maheshwary

Ankit Maheshwary Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    1) Best would be by Facebook, linked and twitter.
    Depending upon your work, search a social website for that also.

2) Send emails also to the clients.

There are many ways to do it free, but sooner or later, google adwords have to be a part of your plan, it will cost money, but if you know how to use it, then nothing can beat it for generating queries.

Ankit Maheshwary, Feb 22, 2016 IP
  13. JoeLumbergh

JoeLumbergh Member

Best Answers:
    pretty unrealistic.
    Long term with good content you can actually generate huge amounts "free" traffic, with proper SEO and lots of good articles/reviews.

JoeLumbergh, Feb 24, 2016 IP
  14. Gerhard Homveld

Gerhard Homveld Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Articles:
    There's actually quite a few ways to drive free traffic to your site. When I started out with my first blog, I only used free methods to drive traffic to my site. This takes some time and effort from your side, but it definitely pays off.

1. Write high quality content on your website, and optimize your content. Find low competition keywords and also try to target some long-tail keywords.
    2. Make sure your website is search-engine friendly. Get a SEO audit for your site - you can get this for free on a lot of websites. Fix all the problem areas of your website by analyzing the SEO audit.
    3. Write a high quality press release, and submit it to different press release platforms. Make sure you keyword-optimize your press release, and make it news-worthy.
    4. Create a social media presence for your website. Create a Facebook Page, Google+ Page, Twitter Account, LinkedIn Page, Pinterest Account / Board. You should post to all social media accounts / pages on a regular basis. Share valuable content with your audience.
    5. Join relevant groups / communities on social media sites (Facebook, Google+ & LinkedIn). Become active within these groups / communities - share meaningful content. This gives you better authority within the groups. Then start to share your content in these groups - you can share posts directly from your pages.
    6. Join forums related to your niche, become an active member by contributing helpful threads / replies. Once you start "making your mark", add a link to your website in your signature. Now your signature will show up everytime you start a thread or reply to an existing thread.
    7. Add share buttons on your website's pages. This will help you drive extra traffic to your website.
    8. Use Reddit. Reddit has a LOT of traffic potential, but you have to do it the right way. Find some subreddits related to your niche, and start contributing valuable content to these subreddits. You should aim to get your posts upvoted. Once you start to get more "established" in subreddits, you can start sharing links to your website here. If you can get a good amount of upvotes on your links, then you will get TONS of FREE traffic.
    9. Write high quality, unique and keyword-optimized articles. Submit them to article directories - I personally like eZineArticles best.
    10. Write a short ebook on a topics related to your niche. Include a link to your website on the first few pages, then publish the ebook on Amazon Kindle. Once published, use their promotion tools to set a "free" promotion for your ebook. This means that everyone who downloads your ebook for free, will see the link back to your site. Adding the link in the first few pages will also get you additional free traffic when someone previews your ebook before buying.
    11. Build high quality backlinks to your website. Use different types of backlinks - Web2.0, Social Bookmarks, Forum links, Blog comments, etc.
    12. Find blogs related to your niche and add a comment with a link to your site on posts. Be sure NOT TO SPAM - provide a meaningful input on the subject.
    13. Answer questions related to your niche on different Q/A sites likes Yahoo Answers and Quora. Add a link to your site WITHOUT sounding like you are promoting your site.
    14. Offer a free gift to your visitors, and lock the gift with a "pay by tweet" / "pay by like" script. This means your visitors will have to share your website on their social media accounts in order to download the gift - a great way to increase your social presence.
    15. Create some PDF documents on different topics in your niche and submit them to document sharing sites. Be sure to include a link back to your website inside the document, as well as in the description of your PDF documents.
    16. Write a free report related to your niche and include a link back to your site in the report. Then offer the free report on different niche-related forums.
    17. Upload images to different image sharing sites like Flickr and Instagram. Include a link back to your site.
    18. Never stop promoting. When you've completed this list, start from number 1 again. The more you promote, the more free traffic you can drive.
    19. Create some YouTube videos and target relevant keywords. Add a link back to your site in the description. I find that video marketing drives much more traffic than other methods. Just be sure to spend some time on the keywords and description - and share the videos on your social media accounts. You can also upload your videos to other platforms like DailyMotion.
    20. Create a contest and offer a free report or something of value to the winner. You don't have to spend money on this - you can create a free report on a topic in your niche that you know a lot about. Use a contest script. You can make the entry "fee" a social share - you can also use a script that gives "points" to the people entering - and they can then share to enter on different social media networks. The more they share, the more exposure you gain. Then simply use an automated online tool to choose a winner - sometimes the plugin / script you use will actually do this for you.

Using services to gain likes for your social pages and for getting website views won't bring you any conversions. It's best to take some time, put in some effort and do a good job that will give you immediate and long-term results.

I hope some of my points helps you drive traffic to your site :)

Gerhard Homveld, Feb 26, 2016 IP
    briguy and Samo like this.
  15. HelenVendo

HelenVendo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    HelenVendo, Feb 26, 2016 IP
    Samo likes this.
  16. Diego Herrera

Diego Herrera Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi HelenVendo I just followed the link you provided and you're right I also think all the ideas and tips for free traffic are condensed there.

Thanks for sharing.

Diego Herrera, Feb 27, 2016 IP
    HelenVendo likes this.
  17. George Martinez

George Martinez Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nowadays, social media sites are the best ways to boost traffic to your site. You can use facebook, twitter and pinterest to name a few. Just read and gather more info how advertising on these sites could be more effective. :)

George Martinez, Feb 28, 2016 IP
  18. Mehdi.b

Mehdi.b Active Member

Best Answers:
    #3 is not SEO related at all, even Chrome and Google mention that.

Mehdi.b, Feb 28, 2016 IP
  19. Patricia Ann Lee

Patricia Ann Lee Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't agree on likes4likes strategy because it is not worth any time and effort.
    You'll just get random likes from dummy accounts, which is not helpful at all.

These are a bit unclear? I mean what is and how free traffic ads trials work?
    And what do you mean by submit your site to Chrome??
    Can you elaborate more..

Patricia Ann Lee, Feb 28, 2016 IP
    samilee80 likes this.
  20. Claviceps

Claviceps Member

Best Answers:
    Free??? Well this limits things a lot. Use the dinosaurs and behemoth a like ebay, amazon, etsy to promote your site. Large forums, blogs, etc can also be a good way to harness free platforms to get visitors and leads

Claviceps, Feb 28, 2016 IP