1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to get 25,000 visitors? Stuck at 12K

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by GR-2X, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Category

Category Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol true but the best is more content for your site = more people :).
    Seo does help your bring visitors it all depends if your forum is intrested or not

Category, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  2. GR-2X

GR-2X Peon

Best Answers:
    i guess I don't understand much about SEO that's why I gave it up. I have a fair number of links to the site. I made it more "google" friendly too.

GR-2X, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  3. Utexas

Utexas Peon

Best Answers:
    use myspace it rocks :eek: I get all my traffic from myspace and i have pr 0 lol

Utexas, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  4. GR-2X

GR-2X Peon

Best Answers:
    how much traffic do you get from MySpace? I have one set up with a couple hundred "friends" but it doesn't really bring in a lot of traffic.

GR-2X, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  5. TheGuy

TheGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Another thing to note: What kind of server you have and what's the load like on it?

This comes from personal experience - I had a site that was well placed on Google and was getting about 3k uniques. I tried a lot to increase the traffic, but it didn't work. After sometime I realized that my server max outs at a certain time of the day (peak time). I upgraded my server and bam....I bumped my uniques to 5k+ in 2-3 days.

Also, SEO takes some time to kick in traffic (approx 3 months). You need to be persistent with it.

Hope this helps.

TheGuy, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  6. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Since your getting 12k daily.. you should be making at least $50 daily. think of a huge promotion.. like some contest with a really big prize($300+ worth). Market it like crazy ($300+).

Pay people at big gaming forums to post your link. (Join forum, make a poll in the off-topic section polling "Do you have a paypal?" See who does, and offer some $ for them to post your contest link.

After the contest, people will remember your site and will come back if they liked what they saw.

good luck.

Wyla, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  7. TheGuy

TheGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Wyla: That is a good idea. I would recommend an ipod as award or perhaps 3 ipod shuffles instead of $300. An ipod can do motivate a lot of people than $300. my 2 cents.

TheGuy, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  8. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yea when i said $300+ i meant something worth $300+. Cash is usually never a good thing to set as a prize. Then you get conflictions on how to send payment, maybe they dont have paypal, maybe in country that doesnt accept paypal, maybe they dont have bank account, etc. Prize, they give you address and bam they get it.

Wyla, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  9. Thiagoo

Thiagoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Trade links and try to BUY a space on a magazine that tells the best websites of the year or somestuff like that so u will be getting almost the max that u can get of traffic on ur website.

Thiagoo, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  10. GR-2X

GR-2X Peon

Best Answers:
    Great ideas everyone! Thanks a lot.

TheGuy
    Hmm the server idea is an interesting one. I have noticed problems when digg comes. Sometimes I suffer the "digg effect" for a few hours, but otherwise I haven't noticed other server issues, but you have me thinking about upgrading. Maybe it really is time. I heard that Amazon was going to announce selling computing power for 12cents an hour, could be cheaper than getting a new server.

Wyla
    Contests seem like a good idea. I've done quite a few where we've given out game consoles, games and stuff. I never really noticed the burst when I did a contest, but you have me thinking quite a bit... Maybe a larger contest with a PS3 or something like that would attract attention.

Thiagoo
    Buying space on a magazine is interesting. I don't read many magazines other than Time and Businessweek so I doubt I would advertise on those. Are you thinking of magazines dedicated to Webmasters?

GR-2X, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  11. Wyla

Wyla Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    oo thats a good idea. PC Gamer and such. not webmaster magazines.

Wyla, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  12. TheGuy

TheGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Amazon has closed Beta program for their EC2. It is 10 cents, with some charges for bandwidth. It is great stuff and seamlessley helps cope up with the Digg effect. I am waiting for their mysql stack on EC2. It will be really fun then.

Also, Media Temple's Grid-Server is a good option as well.

TheGuy, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  13. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are willing to give prizes, keep it games related
    and if you are willing to advertise, advertise where the visitors you need are going ( gamers forums )

Good luck

Scriptona, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  14. RNB80190610

RNB80190610 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should share how you got pass 10k visite per day

RNB80190610, Nov 4, 2006 IP
  15. nicnel

nicnel Peon

Best Answers:

Thanks for that - I will go take a better look. The trouble is my industry probably wouldn't know what to do with it!!

nicnel, Nov 5, 2006 IP
  16. GR-2X

GR-2X Peon

Best Answers:
    anymore tips for the mid sized sites from the gurus?

GR-2X, Nov 6, 2006 IP
  17. Hon Daddy Dad

Hon Daddy Dad Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure your site does all the things to convert one time visitors into repeat visitors.

Work out what your search traffic is.

If you are getting 6,000 per day from search traffic all you need is for 33 of those visitors to become repeat visitors everyday. These types of daily visitors are known as addicts.

If you convert 0.5 percent of that 6,000 or 33 visitors each day to addicts by the end of the year then you'll have an extra 12,000 visitors per day after a year.

What do you have to do to turn casual visitors into addicts?

Check out what Chris Pirillo does http://chris.pirillo.com/. He makes boatloads of cash at his lockergnome sites and they're related to computers.

Hon Daddy Dad, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  18. leader

leader Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tips.

What is your website name?

leader, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  19. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    What Hon Daddy Dad said.

Part of being successful out there is doing the numbers. You literally have to be part accountant!

You are now at a point that you are simply going to have to use pay ads. Or a advertising agency. Sites like iVillage, Askmen, menshealth...and others use them. They have millions of monthly hits. How do you think they got so big anyway?

Don't knock pay per click ads. Try them again. They do work. But this time get others to critque them. Would they click on 'em?

Also get plenty of critiques on your site.

Get word of mouth going. Put a "send to a friend" form right in front of their face, at the bottom of your pages. Make it easy for them to contact others about your site.

"digg / slashdot / stumble upon multiple times lots of social bookmarking
    partnering with other related webmasters
    did some branding of the domain and so forth"

You can no longer double, triple that?

You can do contests, but the odds are that they will take the prize, and keep on walking. Oops!

Your goal is to make money, not give it away to possible moochers, site hoppers who don't stay at any one site for very long.

But hell, try it. See what happens.

"pick up on your key readers and bring them into the site itself. Have them act as your promoting agents."

What do you mean?

Hopefully this will help you...

http://www.thelist.fm/marketing-advertising.shtml

Bottom line...you are going to have to advertise until you bleed.

Perry Rose, Dec 22, 2007 IP
  20. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    "partnering with other related webmasters"

You mean link exchange? How has that worked for you? Or was it putting ads on one anothers homepages?

"did some branding of the domain and so forth"

Can ya explain more on that?

What do you think were the top methods that brought in the most hits?

Thanks.

Perry Rose, Dec 22, 2007 IP