1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find the SWIFT code of HDFC Banks?

Discussion in 'Payment Processing' started by Digital_shubhi, Dec 9, 2009.

Well, when I asked a Phone banker they said that SWIFT CODE is same for all banks. :eek:

And said that its HDFCINBB

Is that correct ? Or how to find it online?

By the way when I called my Bank, they said they don't know anything like SWIFT CODE. :D :D

Also, is there any IBAN for HDFC?

- Mr.President -

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
    Digital_shubhi, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  2. infopages

infopages Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    to get the swift code of any bank you need to went to your bank to get the details and just talk to forex people in the bank but you can check here also for the details - click HERE

infopages, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  3. RightMan

RightMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Somebody asked for it just yesterday and I did reply to that thread giving the details as found on HDFC Bank's web page.

The details are in this post. :)

Regards,

RightMan

RightMan, Dec 9, 2009 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  4. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    But thats not helping ! what is the XXX in it ??

And also what about the IBAN ??

- Mr.President -

Digital_shubhi, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  5. radhika.writer

radhika.writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey,

Swift code of bank will be same for a particular bank through out the country. And we don't have IBAN number for banks in India. If you are asking these details for wire then you just need to give them following details:-

Name of the bank
    Address
    Account number
    Account name
    Swift code.

Regards

radhika.writer, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  6. vivekgodgift

vivekgodgift Peon

Best Answers:
    HDFCINBBXXX

Always XXX denotes the bank and can be used for any branch. But if you need specific SWIFT Code (remember it is only available for forex branches) however you may search your nearest forex SWIFT using the below url for any branch of any bank in the world

http://www.swift.com/bsl/freequery.do
    Code (markup):
    Key in the details in Search by institution, country and city and get your answer.

Also No for IBAN number.

Regards

vivekgodgift, Dec 9, 2009 IP
  7. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Such information can only given by bank manager where you have account. I went to the bank manager and i got a neat printout of SWIFT code and other details from him. Call center people dont know this :(

IBAN doesnt apply for India, and it is only related to european countries.

olddocks, Dec 9, 2009 IP
    Digital_shubhi likes this.
  8. olddocks

olddocks Notable Member

Best Answers:
    HDFCINBB -> means HDFC + IN (India) + BB (Bombay Branch). That is how you decipher swift code as a rule of thumb. If you are in south, then you have to get direct SWIFT code of chennai branch HDFCINBBCHE which will be faster than mumbai branch.

dont forget that you have to quote IFSC code of your bank along with your SWIFT code, just in case.

I am an expert in worldwide banking though not a banker myself and i am sorry to say that many bank managers in india still just dont understand foreign payment systems and they get often confused between IFSC, SWIFT and IBAN.

And one more thing, IBAN is used if an Indian bank has corresponding bank in European country and the payment currency is other than USD. Lets say you are working in Germany and want to send money to your parents in India, the fastest way to send money to your parents is using IBAN not using SWIFT. How? The Indian bank should have a correspondent bank in Germany (which means they have IBAN), so instead of sending money using SWIFT which takes 3-5 days, using IBAN the indian bank in germany gets next day. Also SWIFT costs about 5-10 euros while transfers using IBAN in europe (under $25000) are free!

Hope this helps!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    olddocks, Dec 10, 2009 IP
    dexterb007 likes this.