1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to find the sites that copy your content ??

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by mandoleen, Sep 22, 2006.

1. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    I can certainly agree with you on that; I get pretty darned ticked myself over article content theft. I estimate up to 20% of my time some months is spent sending cease and desist notices and calling site owners.

Most of the time the owners aren't even aware of what's happening -- they hired some kid down the street, or Uncle Larry said he could save 'em some money.

-- good grief -- don't get me started -- I'll never shut up!

SEO Tutor©, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  2. Sem-Advance

Sem-Advance Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Oddly I spend no time on this as it is really a waste of time. 20% of your time could be spent earning revenues.

Content you can write a form email and hopefully wrap it up quickly.

If someone steals your images simply replace the image with a new one advertising your website or stating that the webmaster is a thief..

While I agree with a lot of your not causing another human harm...that is true of innocent people. Thieves dirtballs scumbags etc, however who calculate to cause you loss...deserve the ramifications of their pursuits.

Also compassion is easy to speak of......but not the reality of todays world.. three numbers tell the story

lest we forget...compassion is not an easy emotion to stand behind as long as it was not your child who lost their mother or father.

Dont do the crime.... if you cant do the time...

Sem-Advance, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  3. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Speaking of crimes and criminals at large, I found an interesting article. Here's a few snippets:

Next week Bush will sign the “Military Commissions Act of 2006” into law. The new legislation will repeal the central tenets of the U.S. Constitution which require the state to charge a man with a crime before putting him in jail, as well as the 8th amendment’s prohibition of “cruel and inhuman” punishment. The law will allow Bush to imprison anyone he chooses and abuse them as he sees fit. It places Bush above the law, our first American monarch.

The march towards tyranny has been calculated and relentless. ...have worked tirelessly to push the country toward authoritarian government ...conservative think tanks and foundations have strategically aligned themselves with the major players in the corporate, media and banking establishments and removed most of the obstacles to absolute power. The Military Commissions Act just adds the final touches by eliminating habeas corpus.

The new law ...tip-toes around the Geneva Conventions and permits Bush to use his own judgment as to the precise meaning of “cruel, inhuman and degrading” treatment. It reinforces Bush’s interpretation of “enemy combatant” which now includes anyone who “has purposely and materially supported hostilities against the United States”. By this definition, Bush is free to imprison American citizens who may merely disagree with his analysis of the war on terror.

For example, Bush recently attacked his critics ...the question is: Can a citizen be arrested for ...professing belief in the conclusions ...if the president says that it is “propaganda”?

Can that be construed as “aiding the enemy”?

Bruce Ackerman clarifies this point in an article in this week’s LA Times. He says the new legislation “authorizes the president to seize American citizens as enemy combatants, even if they have never left the United States. And, once thrown into military prison, they cannot expect a trial by their peers or any of the other normal protections of the Bill of Rights.”

Bush’s sweeping new powers have been carefully withheld from public scrutiny. In fact, in the nearly 800 articles which appeared on Google News, not one of them indicated in their headline that the new law repeals habeas corpus (although many articles on liberal web sites refer to habeas to the title). The vast majority of mainstream articles appear under the rubric of “Detainee Treatment Laws” which is deliberately misleading and intended to minimize the grave effect the law will have on our constitutional form of government.

Again, the media has shown itself to be a steadfast ally to its friends in power and an enemy to basic principles of democracy.

The new bill also allows secret or coerced evidence to be used in military tribunals against terror suspects and provides legal immunity for military and CIA agents who engaged in torture before the end of 2005. (Despite the fact that retroactive law has no legal foundation)

The Military Commissions Act is the culmination of 6 years of vigorous attacks on the Bill of Rights. From the very beginning, administration attorneys have set about to dismantle the basic protections which limit presidential power. This has resulted in a long list of systematic violations to international law including secret detentions, disappearances, torture, humiliating treatment, indefinite detention without charge, and criminal rendition.

All of these activities are transparently illegal and beyond any conventional sense of human decency.

The pattern is unmistakable; the administration is contemptuous of our laws and will not respect any restrictions on the power of the executive. All of this is preparation for the New World Order and the end of American democracy.

The far-right fanatics in the administration correctly focussed on habeas corpus as the cornerstone of the American judicial system. If the president has the statutory authority to incarcerate citizens or non-citizens without filing charges the rest of the Bill of Rights is irrelevant. This is the primary lever of tyrannical rule and it explains why Bush has tried to undo habeas since the arrest of Jose Padilla (American citizen) in May, 2002.

Under the new legislation, “inalienable rights” will be reduced to "provisional gifts" from the president which can be arbitrarily rescinded by executive edict.

When Bush signs The Military Commissions Act of 2006 into law, America, as we know it, will cease to exist. The fundamental safeguards of due process, judicial review and the presumption of innocence will no longer be guaranteed. The heart-and-soul of the constitution will be eviscerated leaving us exposed to the erratic and aggressive behavior of the state.

Traditionally, the state has always been the greatest threat to personal liberty. We expect that same rule will apply here as well.

So it seems some CAN afford to do the crime when NO ONE in America makes them do the time.

SEO Tutor©, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  4. RNB80190610

RNB80190610 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO Tutor I completely agree with you. I believe in fairness and balance. I think getting someone to loose their business and then bragging about it or simply taking some sort of pleasure out of causing grief is really bad.

I think that their should be proportionate response to all situation.

Stealing content is wrong and asking for the content to be removed would be the thing to do.

I find it very bad that someone would go as far as stealing my bandwidth, passing my content off to be your own is a dubble whammy bad. Inn this case complaining to the host would be the the thing to do.

RNB80190610, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  5. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Odd post ...very off topic and I doubt the factuality of the story..

remember belive half what you read... and none of what you hear.

As for the last part of your quote that I kept.

Maybe your unaware of American prison population?? Americas problem with do gooders allowing criminals a way to beat the system???..The slap to a police officers face after the same crack dealer is let out of prison due to overcrowded conditions...

The compassion route is definitely not working...we've tried that and crime continues to escalate...

eye for an eye seems a much more effective means of remediation.

Sem-Advance, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  6. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Sem-Advance,

Yes the post was off-topic; forgive me, I hope it didn't offend your rather odd belief system. Actually, it was you who launched the foray into criminal activity and considering how the U.S. executive office has conspired with foreign interests to destroy America, I thought my post relevant.

As for the information being factual, one would only have to do about 20 minutes research to discover how American's inalienable rights "formerly" guaranteed by the Constitution have been eroded. In addition to the cornerstone of human rights, the Habeas Corpus, being marginalized by the criminal Bush admin, the soon-not-be sovereign countries Canada, the U.S. and Mexico are being coalesced into a single union, again courtesy of our new dictator (see Fox, Bush, Martin, Security and Prosperity).

As for the prison populations you speak of, I would expect them, as well as the Halliburton-built internment camps that dot the country, to be increasing shortly to overflowing capacity with innocent Americans foolish enough to exercise their Constitutional rights of free speech and assembly.

A curious bit of additional information reports that nearly a quarter of a million Americans, from grandmothers to children, are listed on a federal no-fly list as "terror suspects." We're talking honest, hard working men and women whose entire families were born and raised in the USA, yet their very movements are restricted and watched over by a most vile, unAmerican group.

Unfortunately, most Americans are oblivious to what's happening to their country and how the "Patriot Act" and other violations are forcing them to forfeit their liberties in exchange for a "security" against an enemy that doesn't exist. Still, what affects other members of the citizenry doesn't matter to most Americans, that is, until it happens to them. So while you're going for the eye-for-an-eye, get even notion, be sure to carefully select the correct eye.

SEO Tutor©, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  7. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    Ahh but see we go full circle...

While you took issue with on the OP for being of the eye for an eye, you have told me to be sure I select the correct one, thereby giving validation to something you showed disdain originally.

As it would be the OP did indeed select the correct eye to exact their justice, the person who ripped them off.

As for the political propaganda info your tossing out......I do not buy into any of it...

if people are ignorant of the governments actions then that is their problem...

if the government has a no fly list, I doubt very seriously they selected joe average citizen to be placed on the list with a spin of the board.

Stats are just that stats ...most are skewed and twisted to fit the writers view point and to scare people....1/4 million americans is not many at all.

Why in New York we have over 1 million registered bartenders.

I very well believe there are some 250,000 people in the US intertwined with some element of terrorism...half of Bin Ladens family lived here in the US at one time....so they would probably appear on the no fly list even though most do not support the tenets of their infamous relative.

Or are you going to try to tell me something of a fantasy that there is no danger within our borders??

Lastly you claim to be concerned that the prisons will be full with those who exercise their right to free speech....yet you then took a bold stance and called the President of the USA a criminal ....

If you truely believe any of what you wrote. you would be wise to call a lawyer and prepare a defense, as I would have to belive you feel you will see government agents lining up outside your home....:rolleyes:

Anyway I think I'm done now

Peace

8. SEO Tutor©

SEO Tutor© Peon

Best Answers:
    Ignoring, or minimizing the issues America is facing will not make them go away. And whether you want to admit it or not, soon these issues will affect you as well. As for myself, I do have a plan.

Anyway, thanks for the convo -- here's a tip: when vampires come knocking, don't let them in.

SEO Tutor©, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  9. Sem-Advance

Best Answers:
    They are my relatives... they don't knock silly... they're vampires ...sheesh:D