1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find out where a site gets its traffic?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Helmet, May 27, 2010.

1. krishnaegurus

krishnaegurus Peon

Best Answers:
    If you know how to use Google Analytics you can know all the details about your website. Where the visitors are coming from, where they r exiting, time spent on each page, etc. There are tons of information available online too on how to use Google Analytics. Need any more info you can DM me

krishnaegurus, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  2. narasimham0861

narasimham0861 Peon

Best Answers:
    use google analysis is better to track your website traffic you can use statscounter also

narasimham0861, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  3. emenacinc

emenacinc Peon

Best Answers:
    There are many commands for Google and yahoo to get back links or traffic source of your comparator but this will not give the whole result may be some part or sample form their links.
    Bluebacklinks.com is the source I am using although it dose not gives me enough result but i can get an idea from that.

emenacinc, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  4. emenacinc

emenacinc Peon

Best Answers:
    what a joke how can you can find you comparator result from your www.[B]google.com[/B]/analytics . tottly none sense . By using www.[B]google.com[/B]/analytics you can found only your own site not others

emenacinc, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  5. finejewellerys

finejewellerys Member

Best Answers:
    sure, use google analytics only could track out your own website's traffic source.you couldn't get other user's.You'd better to check the competitor's reputation backlinks fron alexa.Thus, you can get a general looking for their traffic source.

finejewellerys, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  6. golfpro1

golfpro1 Peon

Best Answers:
    You could always use Yahoo's Site Explorer, it will show you quite a lot of backlinks

golfpro1, Oct 9, 2011 IP
  7. supermedia

supermedia Peon

Best Answers:
    There are plenty of tools for that: Google Analytics, StatCounter, SEOQuake, MajesticSEO, Yahoo Site Explorer to name a few.

supermedia, Oct 11, 2011 IP
  8. Affiliatehelpr

Affiliatehelpr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I agree, you can use Yahoo's Site Explorer, or even browse the Google search results by typing in certain commands to see where a site's traffic is coming from and those are all great to use and familiarize yourself with.

SEO Quake does everything those site do but it gives you so much more information and it's also easy to understand and use. Especially for those who aren't familiar with Google's commands for certain information they may be looking for.

My suggestion would be SEO Quake simply because you'll have access to a lot more information all at once and for FREE!! And not just for 1 particular site, but for all sites that you visit. You can see which sites have High PR's and see how their getting their traffic and what keywords their ranking for but that's for another thread. I would definitely go with SEO Quake though (which I'm currently using :p).

Last edited: Oct 11, 2011
    Affiliatehelpr, Oct 11, 2011 IP