1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find out unnatural links on our website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by devieye, Feb 24, 2014.

i have around 3000 backlinks to my website, previously my website ranking good on google SERP's, but after google update my keywords are ranking on 1st and 2nd pages. some one suggested me to remove unnatural links or low quality baclinks. please suggest me what kind of links i have to remove and how?

devieye, Feb 24, 2014 IP
  2. YJunK

YJunK Active Member

Best Answers:
    Unfortunately you can only do it manually. You will either have to get into that on your own or hire somebody to help you. I recently had to go through a list of 2000 backlinks. Ended up having to disavow nearly 60% of them. It took two full days of work, but hey, now google likes our company website again! Worth it. :D
    Tip: Use a mass moz-rank search on your backlinks and go ahead anything with a rank under 15-20, depending on your niche. You MIGHT lose a few natural links, but honestly, with 3000 websites I'm sure you can spare a hundred to make your life easier.

YJunK, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  3. NadaBolt

NadaBolt Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I suggests in place of removing links just concentrate on building more quality links now onwards. Such a way, you can reduce the ratio of low quality links vs high quality links. Which eventually leads high search engine rankings.

NadaBolt, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  4. adsfairdeal

adsfairdeal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes ! I am agreed with NadaBolt. So focus on creating new high quality backlinks. Because you may loose some good links as well in removing bad links. So, firstly create new good backlinks.

adsfairdeal, Feb 25, 2014 IP
  5. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I prefer Majestic SEO to Moz. It's free for your own sites, and the data is very complete.

dvduval, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  6. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I prefer Ahrefs to Majestic. Majestic's results are often outdated in comparison to ahrefs and their usability in comparison is painful. Trying to download a report in majestic takes way to many clicks. AHrefs can do it in a matter of two clicks.

For the OP, if you don't know what you are doing you can do more damage than good. There are services that can help you clean up your links for oyu and remove the unnatural links, one service off hand is http://www.linkdelete.com

If you want to do it yourself you will need to understand what makes a link unnatural and the type of links google has been going after.

Also, are you buying any paid links?

SEOsince99, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  7. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    First, you need to collect all your site inbound links with any back link tool.

I recommend you this free app: http://webmeup.com/tools/backlinks.html

Next you need to analyze each and every link you have found and soft out bad-quality and spammy one. Alas, but it needs to be done manually - you will have to assess how valuable each link is and disavow all unworthy ones.

Kianu42, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  8. patco

patco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Pretty good reply! Also helped me too, I didn't check moz-rank... Even when I found this thread, I still can't understand how this mass checking will help my website see WHICH backlinks are bad!! :)

patco, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  9. gorrior

gorrior Member

Best Answers:
    301 redirect it and build a new website. Saves you the hassle.

gorrior, Mar 2, 2014 IP
  10. randeepsingh

randeepsingh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hye..devieye

You can use Google webmaster tool to check back links and but check quality of back link, it is manual process.

You can categories by PR, Cache date, quality of content, theme etc...

randeepsingh, Apr 18, 2014 IP
  11. holkapolka

holkapolka Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, I had a similar problem and removed about 200 links from one forum only pointing to my site. When I did so my site was back up again.. So in other words, see if there are too many than 10 links from one single page.. sitewide links are something google does not like no more.

holkapolka, Apr 19, 2014 IP
  12. Sheldon Lobo

Sheldon Lobo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    All links coming to your sites are available in Google webmaster tools. Now you have to see which one is bad and which one is good.

Mostly bad links are from irrelevant sites remove it immediately.

Sheldon Lobo, Apr 20, 2014 IP
  13. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well, by looking at the page authority, domain authority, page rank and yes some sort of common sense :D now most of you'll go mad on me and ask what doesn't this mean, so I think better for me is to clear some things the idea behind saying common sense is just by looking at the link you can get an idea that it is spam i.e. they have created link just for the sake of creating nothing more than that ! if you ran down the link in which repetitive comment like "useful information", "good information", "nice information" and along with the comment you would find links then that is sure a spam links, you also need to check that if a site has multiple outbound links then again that's a spammy site, another thing is the niche like you are having a technology related site and you have created a back link from the some medical site then that link is going to act as spammy link. So, i think now i am able to clarify term "common sense". I hope nobody urge with me on this ..... :D

John Dave, Apr 21, 2014 IP