1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find Negative keywords ?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by nevedita, Oct 3, 2013.

How to find easily negative keywords ? Any free tools ?

thanks

nevedita, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  2. najinsword

najinsword Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What do you mean negative keywords? What are you trying to do? I would love to help you out I just need you to further explain your thinking.

najinsword, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  3. nevedita

nevedita Member

Best Answers:
    negative keywords for adword campaign performance.

nevedita, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  4. najinsword

najinsword Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I used google and stumbled upon this
    http://www.wordstream.com/negative-keywords

najinsword, Oct 3, 2013 IP
  5. mactadvi

mactadvi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.

You don't need to use any tool. You just need to use your sense.

If you want to sell LCD TV on Adwords. Then Your Negetive keywords will be Reviews, Service center or other junk keyword those are not for call to action like buy.

Just add them with your primery keyword in your keyword planner tool or other keyword tool you use and you will get ideas about them.

you can use google keyword planner tool for that.

mactadvi, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  6. heredia21

heredia21 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is common sense most of the time, keeping keywords that are relevant to your content.

heredia21, Oct 20, 2013 IP
  7. SEM Resource

SEM Resource Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can use your Google AdWords account to find the negative words that come up with your keywords. Here's a guide from Google on how to add negative keywords and find them in your campaign: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en

SEM Resource, Oct 22, 2013 IP
  8. AppyArry

AppyArry Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you have already run a campaign then go to your campaign > click on the tab "Keywords" > from drop down menu, select "all keywords". It will give you an idea about performing and non-performing keywords. You can filter out the non-performing keywords and add them as a negative keywords.

AppyArry, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  9. InboundDan

InboundDan Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Nevedita
    1. Head in to your AdWords account and select the Keywords tab - this will display all your account keywords. Make sure you select the date range you want to analyse. If you select 'All Time' you will end up with a big list!
    2. Select the 'Details' tab and select 'All' underneath the 'Search Terms' heading. This will display all keywords that have triggered your ads.
    3. Select 'Download' to export this list to CSV.
    4. Open the spreadsheet and filter the list to remove Merchant Centre Ads (if applicable).
    5. Filter the 'Added/Excluded' column to only show 'None'
    6. Start working through the list.
    How many of you guys would be interested in a tutorial around finding negative keywords? I'll produce one if there's enough demand.

Dan

InboundDan, Oct 28, 2013 IP
  10. PeterBowen

PeterBowen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I'll second what Dan says above although I take a slightly different approach to finding negative keywords using the Search Terms Report.

If you’re using the Search Terms Report for the first time you should set the date range to ‘All time‘ then scroll to the bottom of the page to see how many search terms there are. If there are more than about 500 search terms go back up to the top of the page and filter on impressions. Setting the filter to >= 10 impressions drops the total number of search terms by a lot. You’re looking for a balance between getting every possible negative keyword and making your eyes bleed from staring at the list.

If you repeat the process at the beginning of each month with the date range set to ‘Last Month‘ you’ll quickly build up a great list of negative keywords that matches your campaign exactly.

PeterBowen, Nov 22, 2013 IP
  11. rarnet

rarnet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm interested in a demo , will you educate me on this .

rarnet, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  12. PeterBowen

PeterBowen Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Can I suggest you start at Google: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472708?hl=en and then come back if you have a specific question that their text and video didn't make clear.

PeterBowen, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  13. Kushal Biswas

Kushal Biswas Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use Google Adwords Tool only ... Put all of your main keywords in Google adwords keyword planner and check out the suggestion section.. Go through all the keywords and filter out bad keywords.. Put those keywords in your negative keywords section ..

Its more like common sense .. You need to think from searchers perspective ..

Kushal Biswas, Dec 10, 2013 IP
  14. Host Dingle

Host Dingle Member

Best Answers:
    To use negative keyword in your adwords campaign Add free, cheap ,bonus,discount with your main keyword and use long tail keyword.

Host Dingle, Dec 11, 2013 IP