1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find high searched EMDs to build niche sites with

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Matthew Sayle, Sep 11, 2015.

No matter what you have heard, Exact Match Domains are NOT dead - Google just broke their leg, that's all.

They still do have some pull when it comes to ranking sites - I don't build a micro-niche site these days without one.

I have built websites in hundreds of different niches, some of them I didn't even know existed before I built it.

For example, building niche sites around digital products or inventions that you didn't know existed. Actually, the product I found in the below example I have never heard of before!

Some of my niches are so out-of-the-box, people tend to ask me - what made you pick that niche?

I always give them the same answer... I didn't pick it, it picked me!

What I mean by that is, I don't just pick a niche out of my head. I use a specific method to let the niche come to me, so to speak.

By following my method below, you can gain a huge advantage in getting your site to the front of Google in record speeds. There's no money to be made on the 2nd page!

Step 1: Open up Google Adwords Keyword Planner, click on the link that says 'Search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category'.

[image removed due to the 5 image limit]

Step 2: Type any common word or phrase into the text field. I decided for this example to go with 'Fiber'.

I just ate some whole wheat pasta so it was the first word that came to mind.

Also, be sure to filter the keywords to only show results with at least 1,000 searches per month. No sense in chasing after keywords without a good amount of searches.

[​IMG]

Step 3: On the results page, click the tab for "Keyword Ideas" and then download the list however you would like. I normally choose to do this via Google Drive because I am already signed in there.

[Image removed because of the 5 image limit]

Step 4: Copy the keywords from the downloaded keyword list and paste them into the Godaddy bulk domain search tool.

[​IMG]

Step 5: When you select 'go' it will automatically compress each word and add the selected extension(s) to the end.

It will check if each domain is available for registration, and separate them accordingly.

With this example, I found 75 available domains, each being an EMD with at least 1,000 searches per month.

[image removed due to 5 image limit]

Step 6: This is the time consuming step!

Now, we need to take the domains that are unregistered and break them back into keywords.

Removing the .com is easy, just use the Find/Replace tool and find .com and leave the replace field blank, it will remove the extension.

You will, however, need to separate the domain name into separate words manually.

For the above example, it should look like this:

[​IMG]

Now, what can we do with this list? That depends on your intention.

Me personally, I do keyword research.

It took me some time to do keyword research for this list. However, it's well worth it!

The best keyword from this list, in my opinion, is: "Carbon Fiber Longboard".

Why would I choose this keyword?

A: This keyword gets 1,000 searches per month.

B: Carbon Fiber Longboards are EXPENSIVE. Which means HIGH affiliate commissions!

C: We can snag the EMD, CarbonFiberLongboards.com which would be desirable to any company that sells longboards made out of carbon fiber, two birds with one stone. This also adds good selling points when we opt to sell our website in the future.

D: There are many 'cousin keywords' that we can use for adding extra content to the site. I know there is a fancy name for these "side keywords" but I call them cousin keywords.

We will have our main keyword "Carbon Fiber Longboards" and then we will create new articles in the future with these "cousin keywords".

I have been surprised in the past, sometimes a few of my cousin keywords will begin to outrank the main keyword. Extra traffic is extra traffic, right? No complaints here!

For this site, I have found these cousin keywords to be the easiest to rank:

riviera longboards
    blank longboard decks
    drop down longboard
    longboard bushings
    gravity longboards
    longboard bearings
    longboard brands
    longboard griptape
    longboard landyachtz
    arbor longboards
    carbon fiber tape
    longboard types
    longboards for beginners
    types of longboards
    landyachtz longboard
    longboard trucks
    carbon fiber sheet
    carbon fiber sheets
    drop through longboard
    arbor longboard
    best longboard
    carbon fiber rod
    globe longboards

Now, when it comes to creating new content, we already have a nice list of keywords ready to go. With just a dash of research, we can churn out some articles in no time.

However, we're not done yet!

What if you are domainer, and don't want to develop websites?

No problem!

Let's take the same list of keywords from before, and run them through Google Adwords again.

This time, we're ONLY concerned with the amount of searches each keyword gets. This is how Estibot values most domains.

I know, Estibot means nothing - but as a domainer, it's still an important metric in the resale world.

But keep in mind, it's JUST a metric!

This time when starting the Adwords keyword planner, we're going to click on

'get search volume data and trends' instead of 'Search for new keywords using a phrase, website or category'.

In the box the drops down, paste your entire keyword list, with one on each line or separated by commas.

[2 images removed due to 5 image limit]

After you get the search results of these keywords, download the list - just like before.

Now, you can take the highest searched keywords and turn them back into domains.

[​IMG]

Run these through a domain valuation software tool - just to have some metrics to go with the sale.

[​IMG]

You can do the following with these domains:

A: Register the highest appraisal domains and resell them for $20 - $100 each, or in a bulk package.

B: Don't register them, and instead sell them on Fiverr as:

"I will send you XX domains appraised at over $100 on Estibot for $5."

There are multiple sellers doing this with hundreds of sales each. You would send each buyer the same list, and use a bulk whois tool to check the ones that have been registered before sending the list to the next buyer.

C: Give the lists away to people that have signed up to your email list. You can add the list to an autoresponder and update it every 24 hours with new domains (and removing the registered ones). When someone signs up, they receive the list automatically and you receive a targeted email subscriber.

Either way, using this method is a WHITE HAT way to make a few extra dollars and build sites that work!

Matthew Sayle, Sep 11, 2015 IP
    th.sigit and dannyinpt like this.