1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to find bad user agents to adding to the .htaccess file

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by raagainfo, Feb 19, 2012.

Hi,
    I want to block bad useragents or spambots surfing to my site. but how or where can i found such bad useragents list.. :confused: please help

raagainfo, Feb 19, 2012 IP
  2. PossumX

PossumX Peon

Best Answers:
    Good luck with this one. They change their IP address quite often, which makes straight out htaccess deny's rather tough. There is no real solution, as the bots and some useragents will get to your site, regardless of what you do.

Is it a forum/blog or a static site?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
    PossumX, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  3. SolidShellSecurity

SolidShellSecurity Banned

Best Answers:
    access logs. When we protect our clients from such attacks, we check access logs and add them to .htaccess or mod_Sec. we also run an updated mod_sec rule set to keep all our clients safe from such attacks.

SolidShellSecurity, Feb 21, 2012 IP
  4. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    mod_security contains a large list of bad bots
    in addition you may surf the web and there are many lists of bad bots to be used in htaccess
    in addition if you have a dedicated server you may block IP or IP ranges in addition to the other options a root server has

hans, Feb 24, 2012 IP