1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find a page on the file system

Discussion in 'Joomla' started by bthomas312, May 3, 2011.

I am new to Joomla and I am trying to find a page in the file system that I made with Joomla but I cant find where that page is on the file system so I can edit it and add some php code to it.

bthomas312, May 3, 2011 IP
  2. bthomas312

bthomas312 Peon

Best Answers:
    no one knows?

bthomas312, May 4, 2011 IP
  3. Chocolate Lime

Chocolate Lime Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Joomla is a CMS system and the pages (artcles) are driven from the database attached to the installation. If you want to amend a page you need to do so via the article manager in the admin area of the site.

If you want to add php or any other source code to a page you'll need to install a plugin such as sourcer from the NoNumbers dev team which will allow you to embed your own custom php within a page.

Chocolate Lime, May 6, 2011 IP
  4. theitom

theitom Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

If you install extplorer to your site (search in the joomla extensions directory) you will be able to access the files of your site. Your pages are not here, however, as they are only stored in your database so you do not edit the php in individual files rather in the template itself. In your filing system for the site, search for template and then the template you have set as the default. Within this folder is the php file and the css file which manages the layout of the overall template.

Hope that helps - message me if you need more.

theitom, May 6, 2011 IP
  5. ProtoPC

ProtoPC Peon

Best Answers:
    Recommend using JCE for your editor...seems not to mess with added code as much as TinyEdit does. Also use Jumi to add more involved code.

ProtoPC, May 7, 2011 IP
  6. floatingworld

floatingworld Guest

Best Answers:
    Joomla pages are not files, they are dynamically created by the CMS. What kind of joomla page are you looking for?

floatingworld, Jun 29, 2011 IP