1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to find a good quality web designer/developer and build a working relationship

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bradpm, May 4, 2017.

Hi, just a little background to help see where I am at... I have designed/developed websites in the past and used to do it as a bit of a hobby for a income when I was in school many years ago, as time has changed and I have got a job I devoted less time to web design but now I am looking at putting more time into it and potentially turning it into a business and maybe a full time job.

I still get asked a lot to design & develop websites but as my time is limited I cannot cope with the demand and often find myself turning away work and this is without any advertising or a website of my own this is all just through word of mouth.

I have recently been looking into outsourcing the design and development as this is very time consuming and then project managing it myself to get the results the client wants and then I can always add anything extra such as text and photos and all the usual bits that clients forget about and want adding afterwards.

I already know my niche, how I am going to advertise it and what makes me different to every other web designer/developer out there.
    I am looking to pay per a job and the majority of work are get are brochure websites around 5 pages so the pricing should be pretty standard.

If anyone with experience in outsourcing web design/developing or any ideas on anything similar could point me in the right direction or share some of there ideas and experiences that would be greatly appreciated.

The main thing I am looking to build is a working relationship with a designer/developer not just a fly by submit a job and wait for the results.

As always quality is more important than price I'd rather charge more and have a quality finish than be offer cheap web design with cheap results.

Just a quick note; I don't think outsourcing is the correct word to use as I don't mean the work has to be going to India for example it could be someone in the UK/USA/Australia etc. what I am looking for is quality, reliability and a good working relationship which could start as a few projects here and there to a consistent work stream. It does not matter to me whether that is with someone from the UK or India.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: May 4, 2017
    bradpm, May 4, 2017 IP