1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to figure out the scroll percentage of an element on a page

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by lowriderzzz, Jul 13, 2019.

Hi.

Do you know of some tool where I can check at what percentage of the vertical scroll a certain web element is located?

For example, I have a page where I have a button somewhere near the bottom. How can I find at what % of the page scroll exactly is this button located?

Ideally, I would prefer if there is an online tool or software that can tell as I scroll a page how much percent of it I have gone.

I am not much into coding so I wouldn't like to install any code on the site. Unless it is really something very simple like copy/paste.

Thank you!

lowriderzzz, Jul 13, 2019 IP
  2. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    The question itself is nonsensical -- at least if you have a good layout. Since layouts should be elastic, semi-fluid, AND responsive, the word-wrap difference as screen width changes would make the "percentage" of scroll change wildly. Screen height alone would skew that number. You're not going to get the same "percentage" of "screen height" on a 480px tall cheap phone as you are at 2560p.

Between all the varying widths, heights, wrapping behaviors -- and if done properly semi-fluid elastic layout -- any value you extract is not going to apply evenly to everyone.

If it's THAT important? Put it at the top!

deathshadow, Jul 14, 2019 IP