1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to fight for the fake PR web directories?!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by WallaceYeung, Nov 27, 2012.

All of us know that there are some kind of people create a bunch of web directories with similar design and almost consistent directory category dump.
    The problem I want to point out that the PageRank for those web directories is absolutely fake and unreal.
    Although you may think PR has less importance nowadays, it's still one of the most critical factors for people's concern.
    Most of them have high PR on homepage and even inner page, said 4 or 5.
    According to the domain whois tool, you can easily find out that those directories probably have only a few months old, so it's impossible to get a Google PR update.
    You can also search their domain name on Google directly, there is no authority Sitelinks or even can't get the first position on SERP.
    It's very easy to research and detect a site with fake PR.
    They are cheating other people who pay for the submission or review fee for a listing.
    The worst case is that they are damaging the entire web directory industry on the Internet.
    No double, the influence is negative for those people who spend lot of time and heart to develop a real quality web directory in order to benefit people on the Web. Do you think whether it's fair?
    From time to time, web professionals are no longer to pay attention on the web directory and as a result, the whole business market will disappear, one day.
    How to fight for the fake PR web directories?!

WallaceYeung, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  2. xc06

xc06 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I guess one way is to educate people to distinguish those fake PR directories.

xc06, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  3. WallaceYeung

WallaceYeung Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The industry is extremely unhealthy right now, countless scrap "web directory" around the web... It's dying...

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    WallaceYeung, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  4. suwandichen13

suwandichen13 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i still don't get it what your mean.
    if only fake PR , i think you can simply check for that.

suwandichen13, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  5. marki8

marki8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    maybe it's mean people using drop domain or something like that... herm.. :rolleyes:

marki8, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  6. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Fake or not, the Value achieved in passing PR from a directory is near non-existent if at all.

Mia, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  7. kinnethharring

kinnethharring Peon

Best Answers:
    Check the site itself to know if the PR is true.

kinnethharring, Nov 27, 2012 IP
  8. averyz

averyz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree the directory market is dieing. 98%+ of directories are just link farm trash. Like all internet industries they get discovered then 10000and 1 speculators jump on it and kill it.. Time for the next.

No reason to fight it that is just the way it is. It is to big to fight it is a market when you fight a market you don't make money. You ride a market and when it is over you find the next ride.

averyz, Nov 28, 2012 IP