1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to FIGHT click-attacks ?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Keano16, Jun 1, 2006.

1. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Kick him in the face and break his nose in RL. It is worth, because your adsense account is in danger.

Just joke, but... :/ I don't know what friends you are.

frisby, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  2. Keano16

Keano16 Peon

Best Answers:
    We are not friends... He pretended to be my "friend".

We are not in same city...not in same country. But that is not so important right now.

Thanks to everyone for advices. I will try to implement some of them.

And waiting for google's reply..

Keano16, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  3. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I've had click attacks about three weeks ago on one of my sites, with increased earning money, I contacted google and removed the ads, they said they will monitor but weren't clear as to weither I could put back my ads without risking to have my account banned, so I didn't put them back. After 10 days the fucker found another of my site and began doing it there also, this time there was no increased earning money just clicks, I contacted google again and said about this new site but didn't remove my ads. After one or two days I didn't see anymore inflated clicks on the new site and I've put back ads on my former site and thanked google for their job.

The clicks attacks were several hundreds clicks per days, so the CTR was sometimes over 100% ! I offered my web logs to Google but myself couldn't spot any supiscious activity, nothing like hundreds of pages display anyway. I'm sure the sucker was using a software to do that, because no-one can be so crazy as to click hundreds of time without a good reason.

That's it.

JamesColin, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  4. Keano16

Keano16 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just hope he will consider being a real human being, and stop this...

Keano16, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  5. DomainMagnate

DomainMagnate Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    its really difficult to fight with these things, I saw a few similar stories, most people ended up with their adsense accounts banned.

IMO the best thing for you to do is remove your ads for now till you figure out who the guy is and what he wants. Don't expect too much help or understanding from adsense, their goal is to protect advertisers from click fraud so they won't be doing any investigations, but be smart :)

DomainMagnate, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  6. Keano16

Keano16 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks... We'll just need to wait and see.

Regards!

Keano16, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  7. Keano16

Keano16 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yesterday we had 2000 clicks and CTR of 4,500.00% (aprox)

Keano16, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    With a ctr of 4,500% you can be sure that Google has noticed what is happening and already took corrective measures.

Did you get credit for those clicks or were they counted as $0?

I've had some click attacks recently. 450 clicks on a site that usually gets like 20, and ended up earning like 2 bucks, which means that Google noticed what was happening and just took all those junk clicks away

fryman, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  9. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    lol with that ctr I'd be a millionaire in few days hehe :)

10. frisby

frisby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You will be banned millionaire. :D

frisby, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  11. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    well at least I'll have my memories and screenshots to show in the forums..
    and then I can write an ebook: "How to become an adsense millionaire in 3 days", so I'll show my legit screenshots and thousands of people will buy the book and that way i could become a real millionaire in another few weeks :D

hmm that sounds like a good plan :rolleyes:

*off to think about the book's name*

12. MakeSens

MakeSens Peon

Best Answers:
    Well this really sux but if you ban his IP then how can he come back? after trying several proxies must give it up.. I use addfreestats.com, (here's the link http://top.addfreestats.com/cgi-bin/main.cgi?usr=00711479 ) to track visitors, and that show's you the IP,the referrer, adsense clicks even..so if an IP is clicking to your ads you'll know, sometimes it don't works, but at 100-1000 clicks it surely will.. if not all, at least 50% of the clicks you will know...
    There's no human on earth who can try that much proxies (more then 100.. huh) to piss you off.. he may use much worser things..like flooding.. anyway try what I said, maybe it'll help..
    Good Luck!

MakeSens, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  13. DomainMagnate

Best Answers:
    this is not done manually, he's using clickbots, they rotate proxies
    adsense can usually detect them, but if you got too any of them they'll just ban you, so don't wait!

if it's just one site better remove adsense for now and try to see how to stop this

14. Keano16

Keano16 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I said: ads moved, he now uses GOOGLE CACHE VERSION of my site to click. I am waiting for cache to refresh and be WITHOUT my ads...

I cannot ban IP because he is not visiting my sites directly, he uses cache.

I had 0$ money for all of thoose clicks!

Keano16, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  15. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    So??? What's the problem then? That means that Google has figured out that something is wrong with your account. Let them take care of it. I assume you have already emailed them about this.

fryman, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  16. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    As Fryman is fond of saying (correctly), Google isn't stupid. If you're getting a 4,500,00% CTR, they obviously know you aren't doing it yourself, and that you've been targeted for click bombing by someone.

jackburton2006, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  17. whitespider

whitespider Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you tell us if there is any reason why he is targeting YOU? You say he is mad because he lost his account but that doesnt explain why he is targeting your sites.

I feel for you - its scary even if you could have confidence in G to know its not your fault......but are you telling us both sides of the story?

I hasten to add that I am NOT suggesting you did anything but it seems odd that he is going to such lenghts to target one persons account.

I would also sugegst that it is a good reason not to put your Adsense site links in forums (ducks to avoid the flames and shrapnel). Forums by their nature can create petty enmities - just think of the damage our old pal the astronomer could have done if he got really pissed with people here just coz they were telling him the truth.

whitespider, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  18. Keano16

Keano16 Peon

Best Answers:
    Your words make me feel better, because sometimes I am so pesimistic about all this... Main problem is that AdSense is VERY big participant in my full monthly revenue, and money for living.

I hope google know what is really happening.

Regards!

Keano16, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  19. Keano16

Keano16 Peon

Best Answers:
    @whitespider
    There is no reason. Maybe based on my nationality. But I doubt...

There are no two sides of the story... I am not that kind of person that would come on forum, cry and lie, then worry... I am just not like that.

Regards!

Keano16, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  20. NewToAllThis

NewToAllThis Peon

Best Answers:
    Did you help to get him banned or something? Why is he targeting you specifically? If you know who he is shoot him an email and tell him you've reported him to your local police. There are laws against harrassment, stalking, etc. that you can get him on.

NewToAllThis, Jun 1, 2006 IP