1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to fasten up this site?

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Fracisc, Mar 5, 2015.

I have LovelyDecor, an online store which loads pretty good but still to slow in my opinion. What can I do to fasten in up even more? I did try catch plugins but I saw no real difference in the loading time.

Fracisc, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  2. billzo

billzo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    billzo, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  3. CYCchips

CYCchips Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to get fast loading i did it and i got results now my site load in 1 second,,best way i did was fixed and followed google page speed insights guide lines thats all i did you only need 7 best plugins more plugin make sites slow...so u got ma point...:eek: good luck!!:cool:

CYCchips, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  4. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nigel Lew, Mar 5, 2015 IP
  5. Fracisc

Fracisc Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I cannot activate gzip on my shared hosting.

Fracisc, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  6. King-Servers

King-Servers Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use a content delivery network service (CDN) like cloudflare, it will improve the speed and performance of your website.

King-Servers, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  7. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, the site has a number of issues in addition to speed; on the accessibility front that grey isn't sufficient contrast with the white, making it hard to read. You're using PX metric fonts which do not auto-scale also causing legibility issues for users who expect fonts to auto-enlarge -- basically sending said users diving for the zoom when they shouldn't have to. The fancy font on the menu while pretty, also has legibility issues as there aren't enough pixels to render all the serifs clearly.

You also have the problem that the ATTEMPT at being responsive is quite clearly broken at anything less than 640px wide.

As to the problem you are asking about, it's all in the math. Your page is 2.26 MEGABYTES in a bat-**** crazy 58 separate files, when all you are delivering for content is 12 content images, what should maybe two or three template/presentational images, and 1.1k of plaintext... in handshakes alone you are looking at a first-load overhead of anywhere from ten to fifty seconds of overhead regardless of connection speed or file sizes.

MOST of the problem is plain as day if you know what to look for -- a full megabyte in 23 files, effectively HALF the site, is "JS for nothing" -- what you're doing on that page shoudln't need more than MAYBE 20k of JS in one file... Though honestly, I'd swing an axe at things like the pointless bandwidth wasting slider/banner crap -- adds NOTHING of value to the site and is one of those elements I generally consider to "Have no business on a website in the first place!"

This is further compounded by the mind-blowing 213k of CSS in 8 files -- when you don't even HAVE media targets and are sending those stylesheets to "ALL". Because I'm so sure your for-screen layout makes sense in print and aural. -- There is NO reason if all you've done is screen target layouts for a site this SIMPLE to be using more than 48k of CSS in ONE file.

The markup is no winner either, again you have a dozen or so actual content images (I didn't accurately count the number of slides, so +/- however many that is) and only 1.1k of plaintext, so what the blue blazes does it need 42k of markup for? That's EASILY three to five times the amount of HTML that should have been used.

As I said though, the cause of all these problems is plain as day if you know where to look.

<meta name="generator" content="WordPress 4.1.1" />
    <meta name="generator" content="WooCommerce 2.1.11" />
    Code (markup):
    <script type='text/javascript' src='http://lovelydecor.ro/wp-includes/js/jquery/jquery.js'></script>
    Code (markup):
    <link rel='stylesheet' id='kadence_bootstrap-css'  href='http://lovelydecor.ro/wp-content/themes/virtue/assets/css/bootstrap.css' type='text/css' media='all' />
    Code (markup):
    Well there's your problem. Turdpress just vomits up bloated markup any old way, boocommerce pisses all over the already disastrously bad turdpress codebase, and then you have the mouth-breathing halfwit nonsense known as "frameworks" as the can of shellac being dumped on it. You sleaze together a bunch of crappy off the shelf parts, a fat bloated slow inaccessible train wreck is ALWAYS the result.

Which is why I'd throw out your ENTIRE codebase and start over from scratch. EVEN if sticking with turdpress and boocommerce, you will have to put a LOT of time into bending it over the table to make it your ***** so it's not pissing out markup any old way... since as I keep telling people, if you don't know what's wrong with code like this:

<!DOCTYPE html>
    <!--[if lt IE 7]>      <html class="no-js lt-ie9 lt-ie8 lt-ie7" lang="ro-RO" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE 7]>         <html class="no-js lt-ie9 lt-ie8" lang="ro-RO" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if IE 8]>         <html class="no-js lt-ie9" lang="ro-RO" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if gt IE 8]><!--> <html class="no-js" lang="ro-RO" prefix="og: http://ogp.me/ns#"> <!--<![endif]-->
    Code (markup):
    or this

p class="kad_tagline belowlogo-text"></p>            </div> <!-- Close #logo -->
    </div><!-- close logo span -->
    <div  class="col-md-12 hmenu kad-header-right">
    <nav id="nav-main" class="clearfix" role="navigation">
    <ul id="menu-header_navigation" class="menu"><li  class="menu-casa-decoratiuni sf-dropdown menu-item-754"><a href="http://lovelydecor.ro/categorie-produs/casa-decoratiuni/">Casa &#038; decoratiuni</a>
    <ul class="sf-dropdown-menu">
    <li  class="menu-articole-de-baie-organizare menu-item-1683">
    Code (markup):
    or this:

<div class="woocommerce columns-2"><div id="product_wrapper" class="products rowtight shopcolumn2 shopfullwidth">
    <div style="padding-left:25px;padding-right:25px;padding-bottom:28px !important;" class="tcol-md-6 tcol-sm-4 tcol-xs-6 tcol-ss-12">
    <div style="background:white;height:300px;" onmouseover="this.style.background='#a9a9a8';" onmouseout="this.style.background='white';" class="homecats product-category grid_item">
    Code (markup):
    You probably shouldn't have been building a website in the first place -- I realize a LOT of that isn't your doing, it's the tools you've chosen -- and that's why I call the creators of a lot of these tools nube-predating sleazeball scam artists not qualified to be coding jack **** for anybody.

... as evidenced by the endless pointless DIV for nothing, endless pointless classes for nothing, endless pointless scripting for nothing, style values inlined in the markup, stylesheets inlined in the markup, dozens of separate files for nothing, pointless META no real user agent gives a flying purple fish about, buggy broken trash like Paul Irish's "Let's wrap the HTML tag in a half dozen IE conditionals" nonsense used to sweep developer ineptitude under the rug, and host of other "I cans haz intarnets" coding.

Basically you've been duped by all the hot and trendy nonsense that dominates the industry right now; they put the saddle on you and took you for a ride.

Realistically, I see no reason for that page to break around 540k in ~18 or so files if it were coded and optimized properly, but doing so means throwing the HTML 5-tardery in the trash, 90%+ of the scripttardery in the trash, the steaming pile of manure known as bootcrap in the trash... and basically rewriting everything turdpress and boocommerce vomit up and have the giant pair of donkey brass to call markup.

Which on the plus side would mean you could fix the accessibility failings while in there.

deathshadow, Mar 6, 2015 IP
  8. MyHouseBoutique

MyHouseBoutique Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    What about http://www.myhouseboutique.com How to fasten up the mobile version of the website?

MyHouseBoutique, Jun 17, 2016 IP