1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to extract files to public_html?

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by lapidus, Aug 11, 2017.

Hello guys

In home directory of my website i have click on public_html and then press "Compress" and that public_html is now in zip. Now when i want erase all files from publc_html and put files which are in zip. How can i move compressed files in zip in public_html?
    I was try to move but i don't know how to unpack files.

lapidus, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  2. SolaDrive

SolaDrive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your FTP program has an option to compress, then its going to also have an option to extract, or de-compress so look for that option. Otherwise, just extract the files on your local computer using something like winrar and then upload the extracted files.

SolaDrive, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  3. lapidus

lapidus Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks Solar but i don't want to put files on desktop and then upload files again in public_html because will need a time. I want already compressed files to extract in empty public_html. But i don't know how.

Please check screenshot https://prnt.sc/g7bkoj

As you can see there is 1.1 gb and that files i want to extract in public_html, from where they are now.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    lapidus, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  4. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, then, right-click on the zip-file, and extract it? Or, if you can't find the extraction in the menu, email your host and ask them to put the content of that zip-file in your public_html-folder for you. Note that if you compressed the folder itself (the public_html folder, not the files inside) then it might balk at trying to overwrite the existing public_html folder.

PoPSiCLe, Aug 11, 2017 IP
  5. SmileServe

SmileServe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Are you using cPanel? If so, this is very easy when using the File Manager feature. You can move files around and compress/extract a variety of archive types.

SmileServe, Aug 15, 2017 IP
  6. rebuildwebsite

rebuildwebsite Peon

Best Answers:
    u can unzip it from anywhere
    ftp if have extract function
    cpanel using file manager (they have extract function)
    ssh using unzip command (if you have access to ssh)

and you can do that all in server without need to extract it first on desktop

rebuildwebsite, Nov 10, 2017 IP