1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to estimate price of a website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Svato, Dec 28, 2006.

1. icfire

icfire Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the two biggest factors are consistency of revenue, revenue, and time it takes to keep a site updated. A site that has been slowly growing for 2 years that takes less then 1hr a day to keep updated should be worth around 10 months revenue. A site that started in 1 month and spiked fast would be worth about 3-5months revenue.

icfire, Jan 1, 2007 IP
  2. PoisonedX

PoisonedX Peon

Best Answers:
    those are the stats of a forum i own
    Threads: 13,007, Posts: 323,101, Members: 8,300,
    New Members each day = 30
    Alexa Ranking = 44.000
    Google PR = 4
    It's a Niche Forum (political)
    How much is it worth?

PoisonedX, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  3. wwwbuy300com

wwwbuy300com Peon

Best Answers:
    Any website has the value for itself,I think. First,have to distinguish sort for it.some websites are mainly for getting more persons do ads on it to earn money,but some websites are mainly for selling the products.....

wwwbuy300com, Jan 2, 2007 IP
  4. Scriptona

Scriptona Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it also depends on how much the buyer can afford

i you offer your site and someone sees the offer and he can pay well, you will get high value and vice versa

sometimes u have a good site that worth let's say 1k$ and the buyers are on low budget so u sell it for 500$ or around that value

Scriptona, Jan 3, 2007 IP
  5. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd focus on the following questions:

How long has the site been around?
    How much income per month?
    How many months at this income level?
    What are the expenses of the website?
    How is content generated? Is it paid for or free?
    How many competitors are out there? How big are they? Are any of them funded/part of a media company?
    What are the chances the site in question will be acquired by a bigger player?
    How does the site make its money? Direct sales? Ads?
    What is the site's goodwill value? How many quality IBL?

webmasterlabor.com, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  6. Software_outsourcing

Software_outsourcing Peon

Best Answers:

I too agree with the price of X 24 . I will be willing to even pay X 36 , if the site happens to have good future . X 12 is too less a price considering you can get the money invested in 12 months and the value of the principle asset is bound to have increased ...

Software_outsourcing, Jan 4, 2007 IP
  7. roy77

roy77 Active Member

Best Answers:
    by revenue produces, traffic - what kind of traffic (SE / PPC), PR, domain and alexa sometimes :)
    peace

roy77, Jan 6, 2007 IP
  8. Game Producer

Game Producer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good points made already.

Some people use "12 month's income" as the rule of thumb. If your site makes $50 per month, then it would be worth $600 according to this rule. I'm not saying that this is the way to evaluate what site is worth, but it's one possibility.

One good way to estimate what you could ask is simply checking out what others are asking in these forums. You might find other similarly ranked sites with similar traffic (but different theme) and can make educated guesses based on that.

There are several factors that will affect (as people have listed already) but the final factor really is: how much it's worth to the buyer. If you have a site that talks about shoes, then it might be worth nothing for someone who is looking for a religious site. In the end the final value is determined by the buyer. Listening to them will give you clue.

Game Producer, Jan 7, 2007 IP
  9. netpox

netpox Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can always just place the site for sale on auction sites like ebay or sitepoint or even here but dont sell it...just see how much the highest bid goes. Set a bin for like a million dollars so you know it never meets the reserve price..lol. Leave it for a week and see how much people bid then you'll get your answer.

netpox, Jan 8, 2007 IP
  10. zwig2002

zwig2002 Peon

Best Answers:
    great Info Thanks.

zwig2002, Jan 9, 2007 IP
  11. Codythebest

Codythebest Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No. I think it's what it worth...

Codythebest, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  12. qualityseotools

qualityseotools Peon

Best Answers:
    You can try my website ESTIMATE WEBSITE VALUE ( link given in the signature ) for a rough idea of your website price.

qualityseotools, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  13. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice, although you might wanna work on that site a bit more; values are way too high and there are bugs; backlinks that are off and pagerank that doesn't match the pageranks of the sites I tried.

Kwaku, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  14. Cosmo72

Cosmo72 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've always heard 10x monthly revenue, but I like some of the formulas people are using like the one from Codythebest. That makes better sense.

Cosmo72, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  15. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Generally, most buyers won't buy for "potential". So it doesn't matter much if you have 10K UV per month, but your only bringing in $2.00 per month on Adsense. It might have a little bit of value, but it is equivalent to someone buying an old rusty broken down car. They buy it for what it's worth then, not what it could be if it had a new paint job and was fixed up. Although a classic car (something like a website with traffic) would be slightly more appealing than a 1994 Pinto.

PHPGator, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  16. Kwaku

Kwaku Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly that's a good one. We hope everyone thinks like you so we can pick up high potential sites for little, give them a new coat of paint and flip them for 10-20x as much a month later!

Kwaku, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  17. Cosmo72

Cosmo72 Peon

Best Answers:
    Funny Kwaku, that's exactly what I was thinking!

Cosmo72, Aug 26, 2009 IP
  18. aniru

aniru Member

Best Answers:
    there are many websites like get website value which can give you a basic estimation of any website usually they are same as what ever the calculation is mentioned above. Usually when ever you are calculating the value for any website you need to consider the backlinks it has, page rank, daily page views and many other

aniru, May 11, 2010 IP
  19. andrewsegawa

andrewsegawa Peon

Best Answers:
    Its all about traffic, if the traffic is high, then then the price is high no matter how much the website is currently making

andrewsegawa, May 12, 2010 IP
  20. capsis

capsis Peon

Best Answers:
    The income figures and traffic are obviously the biggest factor in your pricing, however the buyers desire to actually own the company plays a larger role in our opinion. We have sold websites with $500/month revenue for 100x earnings simply because it was a good fit in the client's network of websites. Some other flops were solid businesses earning a few x,xxx per month and had a hard time getting 6x earnings.

We have used some good brokers in the past if your considering the sale of your site and want a company who's actually reputable. We'll be happy to pass along their information, they are based out of the mid-West (USA)

All the best.

capsis, May 12, 2010 IP