1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to Encode Anime DVDs to MKV

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by Ariq, May 11, 2012.

Things you need:
    HandBrake-0.9.4

1. Insert the DVD or Mount the image file of the DVD
    2. Run Handbrake
    3. Here we go
    4. Goto Source and select the source of your DVD:
    • Video File
    • DVD Video_TS Folder
    • Image File
    5. In Picture Tab, make sure Strict if selected in Anamorphic Drop-down menu
    6. In Video Filters Tab:
    • Select Default in Detelecine Drop-down menu
    • Select Default in Decomb Drop-down menu also
    7. In Video Tab, select the Target Size (MB): personally I prefer 250MB for high quality encoding or 350MB for even more
    8. In Audio Tab:
    • Select The First Audio from Source Drop-down menu check that Audio Codec selected is AAC (faac), Mixdown is set as Automatic, Samplerate as Auto, Bitrate as 160 and DRC to 0
    • Now Click Add Track and the Track will be added
    • Similarly do it for the Second Track
    9. In Substitles Tab, select the subtile from Track Drop-down menu and click Add and follow my settings
    [​IMG]
    10. Now to encode each episode separately:
    • Select the Title with longest duration (that's the main movie)
    • Select the chapter range
    • To know the chapter range go through the video and find the time that each episode ends:
      For Example-
      • I selected the chapter 1 till the chapter 5 and I see the duration 00:24:25 I recheck this duration by playing the DVD
      • Click Browse Choose File Name as Click Save
      • Choose the Container as MKV
      • Then I clicked Add to Queue and that Episode is queued
      • To know where the second episode ends I played the file and found that it ends at chapter 10, so I selected the end chapter range as 10
        [​IMG]
      • But I see the duration as 00:48:51 this is because the first episode is also in it, so I select the starting range as chapter 6 (because in steps above we found that first episode ends at chapter 5)
        [​IMG]
      • Click Browse Choose File Name as Click Save
      • Again I click Add to Queue
      • Now I have an idea that each episode have 5 chapters range so I can queue them up with checking them
    • Now click Encode
    • That's all...you have batch encoding with hassle... :)

Ariq, May 11, 2012 IP