1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to earn money on website with 1 million visitors

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by therooftopguide, Oct 10, 2018.

Hi,

I have a website in the travel/lifestyle niche. It's a website about rooftop bars.

We attract over 1 million unique visitors every year with around 350 000 page views/month.

We need ideeas on how we can make money on this? What are the best affiliates? What are the best ad-programs (web banners)?

therooftopguide, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  2. 3936296

3936296 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google adsense, banners selling, chitika, taboola, pop-up ads etc.,

3936296, Oct 10, 2018 IP
  3. webar2007

webar2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Clickbank. If you find a good program there you can make some serious money as an affiliate.

webar2007, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well with some kind of traffic its very easy to make money ,you can use adsesnse but i think its not the best option ,i think you should buy an email list by ofering people a free ebook or something related to your niche then search for an affiliate product for your niche or a cpa offer .You can search on google "your niche" + affiliate program and it will show you results or you can go to offervault and serch your keyword .Good luck to you

Spartan14, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  5. therooftopguide

therooftopguide Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Great tips. Right now we have AdSense and affailiates with Booking.com. But I'll make sure to check out other affiliate programs.

Here's our website - www.therooftopguide.com. Let me know if you can see anything we can improve directly. Thanks in advance!

therooftopguide, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am not an expert on seo i am more on video marketing .I see your website and the design looks good and i like its good organized in categories etc and this its good for visitors and speed load its good . Also regarding your monetization i think you can use both adsesnse and also building an email list or affiliate programs ,its better to ask more qualified people . But as an advice using only adsense i think you let a lot of money on the table

Spartan14, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  7. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am sure you make a great captions.
    So Instagram is waiting for your pictures to be liked.

MatBerrows, Oct 11, 2018 IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on 1m/yr. I would dig in to your stats to see if you have repeat visitors. If you don't, your next step is to come up with a way to get return traffic (members area, reviews, forums, ..., etc.). I would also get social media fired up. Get IG followers etc. That right there could bring thousands of more visits to your site. I wouldn't waste your time with Adsense. Adsense is a newbie game. You work hard to get traffic then for pennies you redirect it to a REAL web site that makes REAL profit. Your goal should be REAL profit. The Travel/Lifestyles niche should be simple to brain storm how to make money...... I'm confused you don't have a revenue model in place after working to achieve 1m visitors.

NetStar, Oct 12, 2018 IP
  9. therooftopguide

therooftopguide Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answer! We have a revenue model and we earn some money with affiliates, sponsored posts, AdSense, sponsored Instagram posts and subscriptions. But it's still to little i think. We need to earn around $10000/month to make a living out of it. And this is what I need tips about to reach :). Are there any better ad-programs then AdSense?

We often get barter trades when we do reviews, but would rather get paid.

therooftopguide, Oct 15, 2018 IP
  10. Affmy

Affmy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Native Ads - is your right way to move

Affmy, Oct 17, 2018 IP
  11. therooftopguide

therooftopguide Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! You have any tips on how one can reach out to people in need of native ads? Are there any networks for this?

therooftopguide, Oct 17, 2018 IP
  12. JaneofTrades

JaneofTrades Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you have that many people coming to your website, first ask "why"?
    What are they looking for your website to answer or what are they hoping will happen after reading one of your articles, or video?

You could sell guides for a few dollars to all the rooftop bars in [country] (e.g., Amsterdam, Berlin, Thailand, etc).
    You could sell "Around the World in 5 Cocktails at [bar name]".
    You could do a membership to get discounts at certain bars.

There's a plethora of options.
    Just look to see what the most popular article/video you had and extract ideas from around that, that your audience might like.

JaneofTrades, Oct 29, 2018 IP
    dcristo likes this.
  13. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I think this is great advice. If you can better understand your audience you can better figure out what they want.

dcristo, Oct 29, 2018 IP
  14. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
  15. anna30

anna30 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can earn through Google Adsense.

anna30, Nov 16, 2018 IP
  16. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Try reading what he already posted:

malky66, Nov 16, 2018 IP
  17. sbsl

sbsl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Hi,

You can use Propeller Ads, One friend of mine is preferring Propeller ads over Ad sense and he is earning well!

sbsl, Nov 20, 2018 IP
  18. Luq

Luq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You've done a great job with the website and with your ranking. You rank for some very valuable keywords like "rooftop bars chicago". I'd suggest actually reaching out to the online marketing team of some of the rooftop bars in these regions that you rank for and work out a custom advertising deal. Maybe a "Featured Bar" section at the top that is highlighted and prominent on the top of the page.

Luq, Dec 5, 2018 IP
  19. Orenginzach

Orenginzach Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi there

Oren from Ad-Maven

You can feel free to contact me privately - we have a native push notification model which can generate you great additional revenue

Orenginzach, Dec 6, 2018 IP
  20. Simon Scout

Simon Scout Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Therooftopguide

Well with this kind of traffic you have a lot of great options when it comes to monetization.

My partner did an awesome post about this not too long ago about blogging and monetizing here. Broken down with 15 awesome ways to generate income from your blog/website -> https://prymadigitalmarketing.com/start-a-blog-and-make-money-online-6-actionable-steps/

However my personal favourites is affiliate marketing, digital products and adsense.

Cheers, and congratz with all the traffic. Is this all organic, do you mind sharing the website?

Simon Scout, Dec 6, 2018 IP