1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to earn money on website with 1 million visitors

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by therooftopguide, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:02 AM.

Hi,
    SEMrush
    I have a website in the travel/lifestyle niche. It's a website about rooftop bars.

We attract over 1 million unique visitors every year with around 350 000 page views/month.

We need ideeas on how we can make money on this? What are the best affiliates? What are the best ad-programs (web banners)?

therooftopguide, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:02 AM IP
    SEMrush
  2. 3936296

3936296 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google adsense, banners selling, chitika, taboola, pop-up ads etc.,

3936296, Oct 10, 2018 at 4:40 AM IP
  3. webar2007

webar2007 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try Clickbank. If you find a good program there you can make some serious money as an affiliate.

webar2007, Oct 11, 2018 at 1:21 AM IP
  4. Spartan14

Spartan14 Member

Best Answers:
    Well with some kind of traffic its very easy to make money ,you can use adsesnse but i think its not the best option ,i think you should buy an email list by ofering people a free ebook or something related to your niche then search for an affiliate product for your niche or a cpa offer .You can search on google "your niche" + affiliate program and it will show you results or you can go to offervault and serch your keyword .Good luck to you

Spartan14, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:27 AM IP
  5. therooftopguide

therooftopguide Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks! Great tips. Right now we have AdSense and affailiates with Booking.com. But I'll make sure to check out other affiliate programs.

Here's our website - www.therooftopguide.com. Let me know if you can see anything we can improve directly. Thanks in advance!

therooftopguide, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:34 AM IP
  6. Spartan14

Spartan14 Member

Best Answers:
    I am not an expert on seo i am more on video marketing .I see your website and the design looks good and i like its good organized in categories etc and this its good for visitors and speed load its good . Also regarding your monetization i think you can use both adsesnse and also building an email list or affiliate programs ,its better to ask more qualified people . But as an advice using only adsense i think you let a lot of money on the table

Spartan14, Oct 11, 2018 at 5:41 AM IP
  7. MatBerrows

MatBerrows Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am sure you make a great captions.
    So Instagram is waiting for your pictures to be liked.

MatBerrows, Oct 11, 2018 at 6:30 AM IP
  8. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats on 1m/yr. I would dig in to your stats to see if you have repeat visitors. If you don't, your next step is to come up with a way to get return traffic (members area, reviews, forums, ..., etc.). I would also get social media fired up. Get IG followers etc. That right there could bring thousands of more visits to your site. I wouldn't waste your time with Adsense. Adsense is a newbie game. You work hard to get traffic then for pennies you redirect it to a REAL web site that makes REAL profit. Your goal should be REAL profit. The Travel/Lifestyles niche should be simple to brain storm how to make money...... I'm confused you don't have a revenue model in place after working to achieve 1m visitors.

NetStar, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:25 PM IP
  9. therooftopguide

therooftopguide Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your answer! We have a revenue model and we earn some money with affiliates, sponsored posts, AdSense, sponsored Instagram posts and subscriptions. But it's still to little i think. We need to earn around $10000/month to make a living out of it. And this is what I need tips about to reach :). Are there any better ad-programs then AdSense?

We often get barter trades when we do reviews, but would rather get paid.

therooftopguide, Oct 15, 2018 at 9:58 AM IP