1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to drive traffic on my blog?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Howard Powell, Sep 2, 2013.

1. dary5ro

dary5ro Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on what is your purpose for that blog. If you want to monetize your content and make money with adsense or other advertising service, you will need traffic from search engines (organic), mostly Google.
    If you just want to obtain audience, traffic for your site, you can do it right away by buying traffic from adwords or other service.

But, I assume you want to earn some money with it so you need to rely on fresh and original content added daily, and don't forget to promote your fresh content everywhere you can by using the same technique, unique and useful comments, unique articles, social media, youtube videos with unique description and link in the info box of the video etc.

dary5ro, Jan 11, 2014 IP
  2. Victoria Montoya

Victoria Montoya Member

Best Answers:
    He Helge apart from good and unique content what are the extra things we should have to keep in mind
    thanks

Victoria Montoya, Jan 13, 2014 IP
  3. mollie.fr

mollie.fr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Pinterest is the best place to get traffic. Pin images to the board, but that images should be meaningful according to your blog type. Else you will get high bounce rate.

mollie.fr, Jan 16, 2014 IP
  4. nikcree

nikcree Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Getting traffic is a gradual process and takes time. Forget anything automated. I use a 103 point checklists with all my posts but interestingly one of the most consistent sources of traffic for me has been posting helpful advice of forums where my potential readers might hang out. I follow the process explained in an excellent post at http://www.mysitesuccess.com/9-simple-but-effective-ways-to-drive-traffic-with-forums/. It takes a bit of work but the dividends are well worth it.

nikcree, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  5. tthompson37

tthompson37 Member

Best Answers:
    You could try making videos that introduce your blog posts and highlight the main points and post them to Youtube. Optimize with SEO and build backlinks with web 2.0 sites, social bookmarking sites, and high PR sites.

tthompson37, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  6. Enerica

Enerica Peon

Best Answers:
    One good way to get better blog traffic is to form partnerships with other blogs. Start following and commenting on related blogs and they'll do the same for you.

Enerica, Feb 11, 2014 IP
  7. solobeton

solobeton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    depending of what you are advertising, you can get visitors as low as 0.01 from 7 search and facebook. You need to know how to do it.

solobeton, Feb 12, 2014 IP
  8. benchmarkdorothy

benchmarkdorothy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Howard,

If you want to drive more traffic to your blog, you should consider email marketing. This is a very efficient way of connecting with your audience, and you only use one software to send out newsletters, send an email-friendly version of each blog straight to their inboxes, run a contest on your blog, etc. The possibilities are endless. The key here is to gather as many email address as you can (in a non-spammy way of course), and it is as simple as installing a sign-up box onto your blog. The important part of your newsletters is that it encourages people to return back to your blog…increasing traffic and generating more money for you through affiliates, ad links, and more.

Of course produce quality content will interest readers, but the more you interact with readers, the more traffic you will draw. Benchmark Email also has a Plugin that can easily connect your Benchmark account to your Wordpress account so you can handle all your email marketing right from your Wordpress dashboard.

Please let me know if you have any more questions!

benchmarkdorothy, Feb 14, 2014 IP
  9. Lex350

Lex350 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    All the advice here has been ok. All this social stuff is nonsense.

The fact is the more quality content you have the more traffic you will get. Simple as that.

Lex350, Feb 26, 2014 IP
  10. benchmarkdorothy

benchmarkdorothy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't say the social stuff is nonsense. You can write amazing content but who is going to know about it if you just let it sit there? The writing part is only 1/3 of the work, the rest is promoting it and letting it be seen and noticed on the web (in a respectful, non-spammy way of course).

benchmarkdorothy, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  11. xAlexKimx

xAlexKimx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sign up for for Web 2.0 sites and start link to your main blog site :) This will rank up your site faster and more visitors later on.

xAlexKimx, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  12. gregdavidson

gregdavidson Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Go for SEO and social bookmarking sites such as Reddit and Digg. Create high-quality content with high search numbers and minimum competition.

gregdavidson, Feb 27, 2014 IP
  13. Elvis Wong

Elvis Wong Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can send you free traffic as a gift. Bahh i feel like giving... Just PM your url
    Let's say 500 ? In an hour. Don't know what your site is hosted on so i don't want to bust your box LOL

Elvis Wong, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  14. Wen Von

Wen Von Banned

Best Answers:
    I visit the blogs again which have original and helpful content relating to Marketing and you should also write unique content and informative which is practical to deploy.

Wen Von, Mar 1, 2014 IP
  15. Ay3sha

Ay3sha Active Member

Best Answers:
    Once you develop your site and it is up and running, you need to focus on keeping the site competitive, maintaining relevance to your target audience, ensuring it is easy to find on the web, and perform some level of consistent marketing for your site, which can include many free techniques such as SEO (search engine optimization), blogging, social marketing optimization, email and newsletter marketing, creating inbound links to your site and fully utilizing Google Local and Analytics services. And if you want to hire an expert for this, then you can hire from sites like SEOclerks, listingdock etc.

Ay3sha, Jul 11, 2014 IP