1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to do SEO of my website if i want profile base ranking?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Vijaypanchal, Nov 24, 2015.

I have one online portal for creative peoples where all types of creative people, institutes, classes, vendor and organisations can create their profile. And we need every profile in first page of google when user is searching for their name.

Ex: i am searching for "dharmesh patel" in google always facebook, LinkedIn and twitter display on first page. I want my websites page in first page if that user already registered in my website.

Vijaypanchal, Nov 24, 2015 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    You are kidding, right?
    How long has your site been online?
    This one has been around since 2004 and I think it has a better chance of ranking for "dharmesh patel" now that you've put the name in a thread than a new site will have.

There are 10 listings on page 1. If you search for a person's name the first ten are going to be
    • their personal or professional website
    • linked in
    • facebook
    • about.me
    • google+
    • twitter
    Unless your site has some serious clout you won't get your users' names to rank. You may get subjects to rank, you may get sentences from their posts to rank but I seriously doubt you'll get their names to rank. Hell, digitalpoint doesn't even rank for my username - and I've been here since the beginning and have lots and lots of posts.

Go for the "low lying fruit" and drive traffic through other means.

sarahk, Nov 30, 2015 IP
  3. Mit Thakkar

Mit Thakkar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can analyze the strategy of youth4work. They start with very few users but now their users have rankings on Google for their name.

Mit Thakkar, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  4. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    for their name, or the names of their users?

The OP wants to rank for the names of their users.

Example
    On the homepage of youth4work (which is #1 for that keyword) I clicked on a profile pic at random and went to http://www.youth4work.com/y/VarunRamaKrishna - the profile page of Varun Ramakrishna N
    Take that over to Google /search?q="Varun+Ramakrishna+N"
    and the top 10 results are
    1. facebook
    2. linkedin
    3. soundcloud
    4. youtube
    5. youtube
    6. youtube
    7. youtube
    8. Google Images - none of which look like the chap on youth4work
    9. blogadda
    10. researchgate
    no sign of youth4work on pages 2 or 3 either

Maybe his name is too hard to index for, lets go for the username he's chosen on the site: VarunRamaKrishna
    /search?q=VarunRamaKrishna
    1. cms.edu
    2. cms.edu
    3. cms.edu
    4. linkedin
    5. dblp.uni-trier.de
    6. facebook
    7. facebook
    8. quora
    9. videolectures.net
    10. scholar.google.com

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
    sarahk, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  5. Mit Thakkar

Mit Thakkar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For their users. Their user have their rankings for their profile on this site same as facebook, twitter, etc. You can check their profile link from Google.

Mit Thakkar, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  6. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I just typed up and then lost an example of how you're so very wrong on that.

I went to youth4work and picked a profile at random from the images on their homescreen. My test subject is http://www.youth4work.com/y/VarunRamaKrishna

Do a search on VarunRamaKrishna or "Varun Ramakrishna N" and you get facebook, linkedin, his university, scholar.google.com, soundcloud but you don't get youth4work. Even google images doesn't show that particular Varun.

Then take http://www.youth4work.com/y/23Priyanka4

She's noteworthy because in a country the size of India there aren't any other people called "Priyanka Rewadia" doing stuff online. 3 results, incredible! However even with easy pickings like that youth4work don't turn up.

upload_2015-12-3_9-30-18.png

Just incase I needed to use her username I checked again. 4 results but still no youth4work
    upload_2015-12-3_9-32-11.png

sarahk, Dec 2, 2015 IP
  7. Mit Thakkar

Mit Thakkar Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    For different profiles, different results, you can't simply compare anyone's profile who is not that much active..I advice it from my personal experience..

Check this link:

http://prntscr.com/9a5xhm

Mit Thakkar, Dec 4, 2015 IP
  8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    How does being active help?
    And I did pick someone with a homepage link. Can't get much better than that!

FWIW "Priyanka Rewadia" now is indexed but is that because she got a good backlink?

I just went through this bunch, and with a bigger sample found that 3 were on page 1 for their name.

upload_2015-12-5_12-23-59.png

The kid with the koala cracked me up. Who would want to employ someone who looks cute but is vicious as hell, gets stoned and sleeps all day?

sarahk, Dec 4, 2015 IP