1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to do SEO for a proxy site ?

Discussion in 'SEO' started by AmanDH, Nov 4, 2012.

Well i am having a proxy site called sparemegod.com There are billions of proxies throughout the internet and there is a strong competition among this. This is a free proxy which i created but for SEO of this site how can i get better ranking and position in search engine? Will SEM be the best strategy for such type of site which have very less amount of content. I want to know how can i get organic traffic for such a site ? Thanks for looking into this thread My strategy till now has been sharing the site on social networks. I also asked my friends to post it on forums and adf.ly advertiser program. Any suggestions and answer to my question is appreciable :)

AmanDH, Nov 4, 2012 IP
  2. AmanDH

AmanDH Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Still no suggestions for this :(

AmanDH, Nov 7, 2012 IP
  3. laura86

laura86 Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried adding it to some of the lists of free proxies on-line?
    That will get you organic traffic and might help your ranking.

laura86, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  4. arindamdutta16

arindamdutta16 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I am trying to find some kind of article that specifically addresses this topic, not just a general "ppc does not affect SEO" article/blog... I sell a platform for PPC that uses a proxy server to enable us to track conversions (phone calls, form submits, etc.) and one of my clients was told by his SEO guy that because we use a proxy site instead of their actual URL they would not get credit for the traffic to increase their SEO presence.
    My question is even if they were to run their own PPC ads directly to their site, would it benefit their SEO efforts at all?
    I dont believe traffic is a big factor anyways but I still want to be able to have a source (article, blog etc.) that explains it so its not just coming from me... any help is greatly appreciated.

arindamdutta16, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  5. shajedulps

shajedulps Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use some blog to promote your proxy site. Write good natural article using anchor text. And recommend to do only high pr directory submission. Do SEO only related to your website.

shajedulps, Nov 13, 2012 IP
  6. abhirampathak3

abhirampathak3 Peon

Best Answers:
    By using subfolders in place of subdomains, you can unite your content under one domain. But What if two sites exist on two different servers? A reverse proxy can make the technical implementation quite simple. With that one change, the URL http://blog.slingshotseo.com/ becomes http://www.slingshotseo.com/blog/. By acting as a content broker, your master server acts as a proxy to the content of your other servers. Multiple CMSs, databases and even platforms can be used, while all appearing to come from the same domain.

abhirampathak3, Nov 19, 2012 IP
  7. henrywilliams

henrywilliams Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    SEO for a proxy site sounds confusive, but still blogging can help you out. Choose a decent blog theme and promote your website via informative and fresh posts. Moreover, you can opt for installing plugins. Re-Vu fits perfect in this scenario as it a SEO plugin that generates traffic.

henrywilliams, Nov 20, 2012 IP
  8. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    1. Try to increase his SERP
    2. Share him on social websites
    3. Share him on related forums with reviews.
    4. Add quality content on him
    5. Design of your website must be attractive

unknownpray, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  9. jackmanson

jackmanson Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear forum members!
    Please meet the service, which provides proxy and VPN access for rent: cyber-gateway.net - over 5000 proxy-servers all around the World.
    The use of proxy allows you:
    a) to change your virtual location
    b) to surf the internet being anonymous and secure
    c) to access blocked sites (blocked by your Government or by your Internet Service Provider)
    d) to play online games under different name or account
    e) to parse online data in parallel mode
    The main advantages of the service
    1) Proxies are as fast as a rocket
    2) Proxies are as stable as a rock (99% uptime)
    3) Proxies are deployed on real hardware servers in our own data-centers.
    4) Affordable prices
    Do access sites, do play games, do secure online shopping without loose of speed!

jackmanson, Mar 13, 2015 IP