1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to do keyword research? Share your experience.

Discussion in 'SEO' started by Md.Saddam Hossain, Jul 2, 2015.

Hey guys,

Can you please share your experience to find out a good keyword? How many time do you spend to find one single keyword? Also What's your favourtie tool for keyword research? Feel free to share your ideas and thoughts.

Best of luck!

Md.Saddam Hossain, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  2. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I use adwards keyword planner, it is really useful. another thing is google trends which help you understand what are people searching for on google.

lucky ali, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  3. Md.Saddam Hossain

Md.Saddam Hossain Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks. :) But how do you measure keyword competition?

Md.Saddam Hossain, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  4. moneyroad

moneyroad Member

Best Answers:
    No matter what keyword you want to rank you must create content better than competitor's.

The biggest competition is in "money" keywords lets say "buy used iphone 6 New York" that mean visitor's searching for this phrase is ready to buy an item. That phrase bring back around 18 million results
    Another group is "info" keywords like: "iphone 6 review" but even these phrases are so attacked so it brings 373 million results (by the way i'm using UK search)
    Big brands with high authority rank better with nearly the same content as small website. The question: Why,- well because it brings the best user experience to visitor, people trust site and Google can see it, visitor's share content, visitors link to content comes hudge traffic and so on.
    I believe there are some blackhat results as well with spun content, some marketers bid using Google adwords and other platforms.
    Look at Google's search tabs web search/image search/video search/news search/shopping... so in each these tabs you can see different web's ranking in the first place.

Basicly there are no true answer, it depends from your niche. As if you work alone, I do not believe you could outrank some keywords at all in these days. Because these top brands hire "mercenaries" to rule product keywords which leads to money.

I would not try to find super formula by myself, rather use some keyword tools like long tail pro which calliculate all competition/search results/cpc bids
    Another is payed as well MOZ keyword difficulty
    semrush keyword difficulty
    There is blog post in here you can check
    https://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seo/keyword-research

moneyroad, Jul 2, 2015 IP
  5. lucky ali

lucky ali Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Keyword planner of adwards help you to know the competition.

[​IMG]

lucky ali, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  6. cwvps1

cwvps1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Make a list of important, relevant topics for your business, fill in those topic buckets with keywords, research related search terms, check for a mix of head terms and long-tailed keywords in each bucket, see how competitors are ranking with those keywords and, in the end, use Google Adwords Keyword Planner to cut down your keyword list. That's about it.

cwvps1, Jul 3, 2015 IP
  7. abinjoy

abinjoy Member

Best Answers:
    Google adwords provide keyword planner. It is a free tool and this tool is my favorite. I usually choose keywords with medium and low competition and those with high search rates in the targeted region.

abinjoy, Jul 28, 2015 IP
  8. nehakappor

nehakappor Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I use adwards keyword planner tool give a list of keywords and search volume for your specified targeting keywords.this planner tool also give you Average monthly searches, Suggested bid, Ad impression etc.
    it’s very useful tool.

nehakappor, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  9. kb24

kb24 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    kb24, Aug 10, 2015 IP
  10. John Dave

John Dave Active Member

Best Answers:
    first step of keywords research is brain storming. make a list of all keywords related to your products, services and offers. Second thing is make a list of competitor of your product/services. and pick the keywords on their website. 3rd step is check all the keywords which you are making a list in google keywords planner tool. which shows you all ctr, globally search, local searches, competitions and all these important thing. Pick those keywords which have high search volumes and low competitions. these type of keywords are easy to get ranking.

John Dave, Aug 11, 2015 IP
  11. WebmasterWorkforce

WebmasterWorkforce Active Member

Best Answers:
    There are a number of tools out there that are useful when doing keyword research. The most popular tool is the Google Keyword Planner.

Keyword Planner not only makes keyword suggestions based on keywords you give it, but it also shows you search volume, which is very important when deciding which keywords to target. The numbers that Google supplies you as far as the search volume is not accurate. The number are way low. Google used to tell you the exact number of people searching for a certain keyword, but have since done away with that. Now they give you these super low numbers which don't even look real. You can still get a good feel though of search volume when comparing them to other ones. The numbers are relative.

Try to avoid high competition keywords and go for ones that are medium or low. Also try to go for long-tail keywords. Instead of trying to compete for keywords like 'divorce lawyers', go for more specific, longer keyword phrases, including local modifiers, such as 'divorce lawyers in philadelphia' or better yet, 'divorce lawyers in bucks county'.

Hope this helps.

WebmasterWorkforce, Aug 17, 2015 IP
  12. focifo.hania

focifo.hania Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Use google keyword tool you get better keyword

focifo.hania, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  13. trepxe-oes

trepxe-oes Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think Google Keyword Planner is obviously the best. I use it and select the keywords that have low CPC i.e. low competition.

trepxe-oes, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  14. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    If you know your customers, you should know what they are searching for. Target these keywords, especially ones that you think will convert well.

dcristo, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  15. Priyankakhanna

Priyankakhanna Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    The keyword research is the most important part while doing SEO. Keywords should be relevant, high number of searches with low or medium competition. I use keyword planner and SEO moz tool to keyword research. firstly I check the other competitors website what they are using after that I will go with long tail keywords and search into google search box what I am getting for like competition, searches etc. I will Target only 3 keywords for each page and those are highly relevant to the content on web page.

Priyankakhanna, Sep 22, 2015 IP
  16. Antony Perk

Antony Perk Peon

Best Answers:
    the best it s adwords, and try to use keywords with low comp and long tail keywords

Antony Perk, Oct 1, 2015 IP
  17. Crazy10

Crazy10 Member

Best Answers:
    I am using similarweb

Crazy10, Oct 19, 2015 IP
  18. zeeshan125

zeeshan125 Member

Best Answers:
    You should chose google keyword planner (https://adwords.google.com/KeywordPlanner) for this purpose which is the best tool and give you 100% accurate results. You have no need to give more time to any keyword just search about any keyword in this tool and see which keyword is mostly searched in google. Now chose that keyword for your posts and u will get results soon..

zeeshan125, Oct 28, 2015 IP
  19. kjh-08

kjh-08 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Find keyword that gets a good amount of traffic.
    Has as few as possible results in Search Engine.
    Has a few to no authority sites in top 10 results in SE.
    Has less than perfect On-page SEO.

You also want to take User Intent into consideration. You rather have a keyword that a user plans on buying something rather than just looking up info on.
    Ex. "How to blah blah" the users intent with this keyword is to find info, not a profitable keyword.

At least 4 posters here are incorrect with the "competition" interpretation within Google keyword tool. This "competition" is for Advertisers not search results.

So you actually want high competition within Google Keyword Tool, this means more advertisers are bidding against each other for their ad placement. More bidding equals higher CPC for you. Unfortunately everyone knows this and targets those higher competition CPC's increasing search results competition.

kjh-08, Oct 28, 2015 IP