1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to do annotation/call out in CSS/HTML

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by dougd_nc, Feb 28, 2021.

I'm trying to figure out how to do something and I haven't seen any good examples. Within an article, there will be 3-5 key points (a sentence or two each). I want to call out those points as the reader is reading through the article. So, the points will probably look different than the rest of the article. I'm not quite sure how to make this look good using HTML/CSS. If you have seen an example on the web please post a link or if you know of a good way to do this please let me know. Thanks.

dougd_nc, Feb 28, 2021 IP
  2. Dakota Baker

Dakota Baker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi!
    Perhaps you can find examples here: https://css-tricks.com/complete-guide-to-css-functions/

If there are no suitable examples, then you can always find help here: https://itmaster-soft.com/en/frontend-development

Dakota Baker, May 21, 2021 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Sounds like you're either <mark>ing them for review, or <em>phasizing their content, or perhaps you should be setting them up to have "more emphasis" with <strong>.

If not, I've no clue what you're asking for. WHY are you wanting them to stand out. The answer to that provides the tag to use. You don't like how that tag makes them look, that's CSS' job.

Remember: HTML is for saying what things are, grammatically or semantically. CSS is for saying what they look like. If you choose any of your semantic HTML tags -- basically everything but DIV, SPAN, and A -- for what they look like instead of what they mean/do, you're choosing all the wrong markup for all the wrong reasons!

Which is why idiotic half-tweet rubbish like bootcrap and arsebreeze are train wreck laundry lists of how NOT to build websites.

deathshadow, May 27, 2021 IP