1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to do a chargeback?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by LeftoverSoup, Dec 27, 2009.

About a month and a half ago I ordered 10 nintendo DS's for just under £800 from a reputable seller on DHgate.com in china, told the consoles where original and brand new.

Of course I had my doubts but with the sellers feedback, I went ahead with the purchase, planing to sell them on Amazon.co.uk A week and a half later - I receive my DS's with a hefty £100 customs charge to pay.

I opened the parcel, everything seemed to be great, I did have my suspicions though as they came with UK plug adaptors and the boxes were not wrapped in cellophane. Anyway tested them all. All but 1 worked, it did not read games, easy mistake to make I thought to myself, so just ignored it and contacted the seller, he asked me to send back, I told him postage charges would make it pointless for me, he was uncooperative so I ended up making a dispute on DHgate over it. (Still not resolved about 3weeks later.)

I payed with PayPal on the 20 Nov 2009. Sold most of the DS's on amazon - made a slight profit and was happy enough. But wait for it.. most of my customers bought for Christmas presents. So I have had no idea that there were problems untill now

So far.. I have had 2 emails from customes - One says the Nintendo ds broke. The other said the charger blew and almost caused a fire! I was horrified. I did some more research and am having my doubts I was scammed and sold fake DS's.

That's 3 DS's not working in total - So currently I'm £300 down from the order + the possiblity of them being fake + I will most likely get more complaints + it has ruined my reputation as a seller on amazon.

What should I do? How would I go about doing a charge back?

Would it be more effective if I told PayPal I did not authorize the transaction? Or should I tell them the exact truth? They have been very uncooperative in the past. Thats why I'm having my doubts.

Or should I just ring my credit card company and see the steps for a charge-back? will they let me do it under my situation? Do I tell them I did not authorize it? or the exact truth?

Help will be much appreciated, its been almost 40days so my times is runing out to get charge backs etc. Thanks In Advance. +REP

LeftoverSoup, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  2. hostlonestar

hostlonestar Peon

Best Answers:
    Skip PayPal, they don't care if the item was not as described. You got the items, that's all they care about. Explain to the people that purchased them that they are fake, give refunds (even if the ones they have haven't blown up yet), then contact your credit card company and tell them what happened and that you are wanting to do a charge back.

Contacting people in advance may be the only thing to repair the damage done to your reputation.

hostlonestar, Dec 27, 2009 IP
  3. lcwadminbj

lcwadminbj Peon

Best Answers:

WHY LIE ?

you appear to have a genuine problem and you should explaine the situation clearly as you have done here.

If you tell them you did not authorize they are going to be looking for a fraudster using your CC that that does not exist.

They will be very tee'ed off with you if they find you have wasted their time in this way. Plus you will have to get a new card and all the hassel that goes with that.

lcwadminbj, Jan 1, 2010 IP
  4. Pixma

Pixma Peon

Best Answers:
    Call paypal and your credit card company. They will help you in the long run.

Pixma, Jan 2, 2010 IP