1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to distinguish white hat from black hat SEO?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by ColeWhitmore, Feb 26, 2020.

So I’ve been looking to promote my business, and I’m considering hiring this [white hat SEO](https://position1seo.co.uk/white-hat-seo/) company to play it safe. The thing is, I’m not sure exactly what techniques are considered as white hat SEO, and I want to be sure I’m hiring a trustworthy agency. Can someone tell me what methods are the hallmark of white hat optimisation? Also, how can I tell that they’re not actually using black hat techniques on my website?
    SEMrush

ColeWhitmore, Feb 26, 2020 IP
    SEMrush
  2. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Just one comment: "Google Page 1 Guarantee" at the top of their website can be misleading. It's easy to get on page 1 for uncommon keywords on small-niche websites. So that is a dubious guarantee at best. If your website is in a competitive niche and you want them to get you on page 1 for competitive keywords, that's a whole other story. Ask them to explain the details of their page one "guarantee." For example, no reputable SEO company will guarantee you page 1 for a highly-competitive keyword phrase like "real estate." But probably just about anyone can get on the first page for something like the keyword phrase "tiny homes for sale in rural, western Oklahoma."

Jim4767, Feb 26, 2020 IP
  3. Karolwf

Karolwf Active Member

Best Answers:
    To paraphrase Mark Twain:
    SEO was invented when the first con man met the first fool

Karolwf, Mar 4, 2020 IP
  4. Clay Baker

Clay Baker Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    white hats are the techniques when you follow all the rules provides by google, Black hat SEO refers to a set of practices that are used to increases a site or page's rank in search engines through means that violate the search engines' terms of service. The term "black hat" originated in Western movies to distinguish the "bad guys" from the "good guys," who wore white hats (see white hat SEO).

Clay Baker, Mar 5, 2020 IP
  5. Oso Optimized

Oso Optimized Member

Best Answers:
    Learn SEO basics.

Oso Optimized, Mar 5, 2020 IP