1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to direct visitors to a landing page

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by felinesaresuperior, Jan 19, 2014.

in my blog, i'm trying to sell a fiction ebook about a similar topic as the blog. so far, a very small percentage of the visitors had gone to the landing page.
    is it a good idea to add at the end of each post a few lines from the ebook and then leave the link? or will it just annoy visitors?
    should i post a few lines only, a page, or nothing at all?
    if that's not the way, how do i direct visitors to the landing page? everyone keeps talking about how to build a landing page and what to make it look like, but no one explains how to get visitors to click on it.
    i've put a link to the landing page in every post. i've had hundreds of visitors, but only 70 went to the landing page.

felinesaresuperior, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  2. akshat113

akshat113 Member

Best Answers:
    email marketing
    ppc
    seo

akshat113, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  3. Dabook

Dabook Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You can do lots of things make youtube videos,create a good twitter account,also studt on SEO. Drive traffic to your twitter or youtube videos and give a link to your landing page...easy peasy

Dabook, Jan 19, 2014 IP
  4. Stuart Walker

Stuart Walker Member

Best Answers:
    Sure you can add a few sentences and a link at the bottom of each post or link to the page throughout. Have a button on your navigation bars that leads there too.

Promote your book to your email list (you should be building one).

Also think about selling your book at an established market place tghat already has the audience you want to reach. That could be anything from Amazon Kindle to Digital Points sales section depending on what your target audience is.

Stuart Walker, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  5. Snoopy240

Snoopy240 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Alright - this is where Split-Testing will come in handy.

If you want to get the most clicks out of your traffic you will need to run couple of tests for couple of days.

You will need to learn about Split-Testing and do it.

I would recommend you to use eye-grabbing banners at the end of your posts. You should also have a 250x250 banner on your sidebar. If you are using a WordPress Site there are plugins to help you put Text at the end of each of your posts very easily and fast.

If you don't have a banner for your Landing page - you can either use a software like Photoshop to try to create one yourself or pay someone to create one for you. You can pay someone $5 to create a good banner for your landing page at Fiverr.com

I also recommend you to use a Click Tracker. Use a service to track every click from different links going to your landing page. You can use a cool plugin called Pretty Links Lite for WordPress Sites.

You can invest in different banners that are different to see which one converts better and in what place on your blog. It's all about testing to see what works the best.

This would be my best advice to help you out! ;)

Hope this helps!

Wish you much success!

Cheers! :cool:

Snoopy240, Jan 20, 2014 IP
  6. Dionne Taylor

Dionne Taylor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have a email subscription form they fill out at the end of each post and have it direct them to you ebook landing page.

Dionne Taylor, Jan 21, 2014 IP