1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to differentiate between 2 clients view through conversions?

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Manishaa, Jul 15, 2016.

Q. You are handling campaigns for your 2 clients. Both of them are offering the same product.
    Client A & Client B. Both have same campaign setting both have same targeting, same everything. Client A says that he saw "100" view through conversions in his panel and client B says he saw "100" view through conversions.
    You having the CRM access you see total of only "100" view through conversions.
    How will you divide and differentiate the view through conversions? Hoe much view through conversions will each client get and how?

Manishaa, Jul 15, 2016 IP
  2. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First, I would not accept two clients that sell the same kind of product to the same geography. I do have a few chiropractor clients but they don't serve the same towns so that's OK. If a potential client asked to promote something another client already is, I would have to decline.

Second, it sounds like you are doing this from one account, probably your own which I would never do. Each client has to have their own account. They pay the clicks, I manage the account. Tracking is important whenever possible. My first chiropractor client gets new clients but I don't know how many (but he's happy getting lots of phone calls) so I don't know which ads are more effective for conversions. The second has an online booking system so that helps.

So unless you have everything separate, you cannot know or properly allocate any data, conversions included, to one client or the other.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 16, 2016 IP
  3. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should use your MCC account to manage your clients account separately, then each client account will have each report separately and you will know it, don't combine all in your normal adwords account.

daica85, Jul 16, 2016 IP
  4. Manishaa

Manishaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    why 2 clients cannot promote to the same geography?

try considering an example- Sandisk and Kingston are two separate clients both want to target the same location selling the same product pendrive?
    or consider other example- client A & B sell the same Kingston pendrive?

Secondly what will happen if i am doing it from one account? What difference would it make on view through conversions?

Manishaa, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  5. Manishaa

Manishaa Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    how will it effect? making campaigns for both clients in the same adwords account?

Manishaa, Jul 18, 2016 IP
  6. daica85

daica85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, making the 2 same campaigns on 2 different accounts of 2 clients, and manage both accounts via MCC account.

daica85, Jul 19, 2016 IP
  7. Lucid Web Marketing

Lucid Web Marketing Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do whatever you want of course. I would not do this for a couple of reasons. First, there's a bit of conflict here since you cannot satisfy both clients. When A and B say they both want to beat the other, that's hard to do in the best of times, let alone when you control both. Second, it's really twice the work as you need to test twice as many ads.

You also say doing it from one account. Targeting the same keywords means that neither client can get more than 50% of impressions. That may not go over too well when one wonders why they are not reaching the full market. Actually, one may get much more than 50% as the better ad should show more often. What are you going to tell the other client when he wonders that his competitor, who is also your client, is getting his ads shown more and he never sees his?

You should never run client campaigns from your own account. I just heard of someone doing this and not getting paid and on the hook for hundreds of dollars in ad spend. Clients should have their own account and responsible for the click costs. You still may run into either or both clients trying to outdo each other and since you control both, that is fraught with potential problems.

Lucid Web Marketing, Jul 23, 2016 IP