1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to develop and build Direct Advertising on Website?

Discussion in 'Digital Point Ads' started by Information Technology, Oct 16, 2012.

Hi,

I apologize if this is not the right forum channel to post this but I could not find a channel for "Direct Advertising".

We've spent a couple of years building a content reference site for IT professionals that has been growing regularly. About a year ago, we went down the path of implementing Google Adsense and it seems to be doing fine for us. However, we know that direct advertising for our site (i.e. Advertisers Pay Us Directly to be on our site) is a future direction we'd like to go in. We've never done it before and I can't find any posts or documentation that talk about how to best go down that path. My questions are:

1) Does anyone know where I can find tutorials on how to develop a Direct Advertising program?

2) Can anyone give any suggestions or ideas on how to go down the Direct Advertising path, successfully?

Thanks for your help!

Information Technology, Oct 16, 2012 IP
  2. bluegel

bluegel Member

Best Answers:
    Do you mean your own advertising website or a direct marketing methods? There are many tutorials available for direct marketing, just google the keywords e-mail marketing tutorials and telemarketing tutorials.

bluegel, Nov 8, 2012 IP
  3. Information Technology

Information Technology Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry for the late response on this. I got distracted with work.

Our situation is such that we have close to 130,000 pages of content (that consistently grows). Each page is, in and of itself, a very specific topic within the Information Technology industry. There are many vendors that sell solutions for these very specific topics. We'd like to be able to build a marketing solution that allows such vendors to find us and buy advertising space on the specific topic pages that best match their offerings. We'd like to do this in a manner where they come directly to us and don't go through CPC, CPM and Affiliate providers.

Do you have any ideas on how best to put together and develop such a program?

My Best,

Frank
    The International Foundation for Information Technology (IF4IT)

Information Technology, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  4. bluegel

bluegel Member

Best Answers:
    I noticed that you have 137,000 pages indexed in google but having only 43 links according to alexa. This is a situation where you need good exposure to your website through SEO. DP alone is a good place to get publicity for your service. Go to this link in DP and post regarding your advertising space.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90

Continue to post regularly. Each time you post it should be different than earlier posts. You have 137,000 topics. You can easily do it. In the meantime increase your SEO with article directories, web directories and forums. There are many free advertising websites as well. Search DP for keyword "SEO" before googling.

Remember, people will come to you directly only if they know about your site.

Good Luck!

bluegel, Nov 30, 2012 IP