1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to determine email address related an analytics tracking ID number?

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by lowriderzzz, Aug 5, 2019.

Hello.

I have a client who has analytics to his website but doesn't know how to access it. He doesn't know which email address is associated with his account. I can see the tracking ID and other code form the "view page source"

So is there a way to figure out what is the email associated with that tracking ID.

Thank you!

lowriderzzz, Aug 5, 2019 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Just log in using each email address until one of them shows that there is an analytics account attached

sarahk, Aug 5, 2019 IP
  3. Joe Badger

Joe Badger Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just try each email address that he can think of he had used for analytics account and see if he gets that analytics account or not. There is not such way to get email address just from analytics id. If he is not able to find his analytics login details and willing to change the analytics account, then you can create a new one for him and replace the code of analytics on the website with new analytics account code.

Joe Badger, Aug 5, 2019 IP
  4. lowriderzzz

lowriderzzz Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I guess eventually we should resort to this since the analytics was set by another third party and he doesn't keep in contact with them anymore.

Thank you!

lowriderzzz, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    that makes it easier... search for an email to that third party that includes the word analytics - at some stage it must have been discussed. At the very least your client needs to be changing the google password associated with the account.

sarahk, Aug 6, 2019 IP
  6. seoninja121

seoninja121 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, there is a way to get access that Gmail ID. First way just ask him or her to think about the ID which he/she usually uses for accounts or contact to Google Analytics Center. Just simply generate a ticket on their portal and they will help you out. I have tried this way and it works.

seoninja121, Aug 19, 2019 IP