1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to delete toxic backlink to my website?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by creativewebmaster, Jul 23, 2014.

Hello,

Can you please suggest me easy way to delete toxic back link to my website?

Thanks a lot :)

creativewebmaster, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  2. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The obvious suggestion would be to try and manually remove the link. Have you tried contacting the webmaster?

dcristo, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  3. creativewebmaster

creativewebmaster Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I have try with webmaster. Can you please suggest any tools that show my all toxic links?

creativewebmaster, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  4. dcristo

dcristo Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Google's disavow tool is used for this purpose (when you can't remove the toxic link).

dcristo, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  5. Himadri Subrah Saha

Himadri Subrah Saha Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am also facing the same problem. Google has taken manual action to one of my site. I have contacted some webmaster but no response. I have also used the Google disavow tool and sent the report to Google before two weeks but still not result. What is the best option should be taken by me so that Google revoke the manual action from my site? Any detail suggestion to regain my website reputation?

Himadri Subrah Saha, Jul 23, 2014 IP
  6. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Some tools for remove backlinks :

GI :It is Google Indexed status. You will see page and domain indexed or not of your backlinks. I would advice you to disavow links and domain that are not indexed.
    Link From :This is the origin URL from where you got the backlink. You can click on URL to go to that specific page.
    Link to :Here you will get the URL of your own domain which is linked to that page.
    Anchor text :You will find the link anchor text which is used to link back to your blog.
    PR :This will show the PR or the backlink giving page.
    Moz Metrix :If you have recently your blog for SEO analysis, you would see Moz Metrix within 24 hours.
    S :This will give you social signals for your linked website.As many share as shown there, the more that page shared on social networks.
    TLD :Shows you Top Level Domain for backlink giving page.
    IP :Here you would find the IP address of backlink provider domain with country flag. You can hover the mouse on flag to view IP address.
    Ext :It will shows count of external dofollow links from that backlink giving page. As number is high, quality of backlink would be low.

webcosmo, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  7. Dittmoe

Dittmoe Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Just hire a service like http://linkdelete.com

I tried doing link analysis and link removals on my own and nearly pulled my hair out. It was taking forever and I didn't have the time to do everything so I just decided to outsource it.

I'm sure you've got better things you can do with your time than that.

Dittmoe, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  8. John Nats

John Nats Peon

Best Answers:
    I was just removing some links today.The first think you need to do if find those links by looking on majesticseo,open site explorer and Google webmaster tool. Then i used this RMoov. I pasted all the links into the box it automatically locates the webmasters contact information and formats an email to the webmaster. I thought it was quite a time saver and well worth checking out. The service is free. But there is no way of getting around the manual work unless you want to pay a load of money for someone to do it for you.

John Nats, Jul 25, 2014 IP
  9. gotkloud

gotkloud Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'd recommend using something like Google Disavow Tool because, as dcristo said, it really was made for this type of a scenario.

gotkloud, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  10. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I am curious...

What if I sent you a million toxic backlinks...

What would you do then?

I would imagine every site on this planet has toxic backlinks, including dp...

We found that digitalpoint.com has at least 10,488,291 toxic backlinks.
    We found that forums.digitalpoint.com has at least 484,516 toxic backlinks.
    source: linkdelete.com

I wonder how many billion toxic backlinks that google
    has but they still maintain the highest PR any site can get....

I would say rather then wasting time removing bad links,
    maybe you should spend more time adding quality links, and content.

google fear....

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
    dscurlock, Jul 27, 2014 IP
  11. itzbigfun

itzbigfun Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I totally agree with you :)

itzbigfun, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  12. Himalayan

Himalayan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Have you got any message or bad link mail from search engine, if so the you can delete them manually for clean-up the site.

Himalayan, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  13. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have used tools in the past, but if something went wrong, tools for the most
    part has always been vague; Does google inform you of getting bad links?

dscurlock, Jul 28, 2014 IP
  14. rankwatch.com

rankwatch.com Active Member

Best Answers:
    You won't be able to delete toxic backlinks unless that site offers you the option and you have the login details. Otherwise you can contact the webmaster of that site and get your links removed. Last option that you have is Google disavow tool.

rankwatch.com, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  15. SEOsince99

SEOsince99 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Rmoov is not free, and really isn't a help because they don't tell you what links to remove. You also risk having your email servers permanently banned by Spamhaus and other places because you need to hook up your mail servers to use the tool. I sure don't want to risk losing my email delivery over a free tool.

Your entire logic is flawed. First let me wish you the best of luck with SEO and rankings. My guess is you don't have any sites that rank or are extremely new to SEO. The rest of us that have been around for a while know and have seen the results of toxic links pointed to our sites. Go read some of the posts when Penguin came out, or when manual penalties come out. You'll see how real it is.

What you are missing is that massive sites like DP aren't affected by spam links like normal sites are. They have enough link juice and equity to not have any problems. For the majority of us we don't have millions of quality links pointed to our websites. That means that toxic links can have serious consequences on our rankings.

When Penguin is rolled out and you didn't clean up your links before hand, please don't cry to us about what you should do.

SEOsince99, Aug 19, 2014 IP
  16. maddenitrous

maddenitrous Member

Best Answers:
    You need to contact each website owner who is linking to your website and ask them to remove the back links, then you can use the disavow tool at Google webmaster.

maddenitrous, Aug 22, 2014 IP