1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to deal with unwanted links

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by arrisweb, Aug 7, 2017.

Hello,

Someone has been linking to a page that was deleted a long time ago. The result is an unnatural link profile. Approximately 30% of links are directed to one anchor. I think it is about 400-600 domains. I add these links to google disavow. But every week new links are created. I checked some domains by whois. Many domains belong to some US company.
    How do you think it is a good idea to contact them with a request to stop linking? Did any of you have a similar situation?

arrisweb, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  2. Allen James

Allen James Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think that contacting them will have any result but you can try, of course. You can't stop this, it's absolutely impossible. I think that the best way is to concentrate on your website and don't think so much about that. You can pick one day each month and disavow all new "unwanted" links, but if you are checking every day and writing to those websites, it's absolutely a waste of time. At least I think so.

Allen James, Aug 7, 2017 IP
  3. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Looks like they maybe targeting you. It is not difficult, they could be using some link spam software,
    or they could be hiring gigs on fiver that can send 100s of thousands or even millions of backlinks.....
    and I would not assume it is the US company, as the spammer could be spoofing their name....

are you a threat to a competitor?
    Is the US company your competitor?

dscurlock, Aug 13, 2017 IP
  4. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have SB site. Someone just added bookmark years ago and now making link to this one bookmark subpage (which is removed years ago). I have links from such a genius sites like
    http://ishairloss.com/
    http://realestateclassified.info/
    http://quotepr.com/
    Code (markup):
    about 150 domains currently :)

arrisweb, Aug 24, 2017 IP
  5. mikebvm

mikebvm Member

Best Answers:
    Can you 301 it either to yourself or to a black whole (i.e. 301 redirect to 2389ausdfakldsjfa98a98dsfha9s8dfasdf.com) depending on if you want it or don't want it?

mikebvm, Sep 25, 2017 IP
  6. arrisweb

arrisweb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure how. How can I do this. These links are pointing to my subpage.

arrisweb, Oct 9, 2017 IP
  7. K Padmapriya

K Padmapriya Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways to deal with unwanted links. They are waiting for the google to resolve the spam links ,cut the links and decide which links to be cut over there ,cut the page,build good link,appeal to the google.

K Padmapriya, Nov 6, 2017 IP