1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to deal with Google PLA review stupidity & Megalodon is endangered?

Discussion in 'Shopping' started by FossilEra, May 27, 2014.

So, I've got an interesting issue with Google shopping which I was wondering if anybody had any advice on how to deal with.

I run an e-commerce site which primarily sells common fossil specimens. Given how visual the product is google shopping ads are a critical advertising avenue. We setup a product feed and promptly had our account banned for violation of their guidelines. After several frustrating weeks of back and forth we we finally told our we were violating their policy against sell endangered species because we were well Megalodon teeth, an extinct shark that last appeared on the planet 1.6 million years ago. Everything we sell on the site is fossils, nothing recent. How could we be violated their endangered species guidelines?

Through several weeks of trying to debate the point I've gotten absolutely no where with no more explanation on their policy. What's more frustrating is they have Google shopping ads for Megalodon teeth from dozens of other online venues including Ebay, Amazon, Etsy and several other ecommerce sites. Of course pointed that out just got the response, "We don't comment about other sites".

Where do I go from here to escalate the issue, when no one is making any sense?

FossilEra, May 27, 2014 IP