1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create Help Desk System

Discussion in 'PHP' started by Yakov Cohen, Jun 28, 2021.

Hello everybody! I am building an online store and I need help. I have a user database system on my site.

I want to create a support system with tickets. Like this https://codeshack.io/ticketing-system-php-mysql/ .

I copied this script and upload to local server ( I use XAMPP ). Everything is working, but...
    I cannot connect this script to my site...

I will be cool if somebody can help.
    Here's an example of how this should work :

Client Side :
    - The person opens the support page.
    - A person has to fill in only 2 inputs (Subject and Message).
    - Presses a button to submit a ticket.
    - After sending. The person will see table with ticket details (Ticket id, Created in[date/time], Sender[username] ,Subject, Ticket status).
    - The Ticket Status will have 3 statuses (waiting for an answer, answer received, subject closed).

It would be cool if there was an opportunity to see the message with click on Ticket id.

This concludes the client's side.

Admin Side :
    - I Enter to dashboard and click tickets list.
    - I see a list in the form of a table (Created in[date/time], Sender[username], Subject, [View button])
    - By clicking on the button to view, I have to see message.
    - In the same window / page. I can reply to the ticket and change the status of the ticket.

After sending my response, the client can see it on his table with tickets.

If you need me to send any data, please ask. I just don't know what exactly is needed.

Thanks everyone!

Yakov Cohen, Jun 28, 2021 IP
  2. usaukclassifieds

usaukclassifieds Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, it seems to be something interesting; I've bookmarked your topic for future reference.

usaukclassifieds, Jun 30, 2021 IP
  3. FrogeHost

FrogeHost Member

Best Answers:
    Is there an error message or anything that could possibly help us identify the issue for you? In any case, I would recommend going with an already existing solution instead of trying to roll your own.

FrogeHost, Jul 20, 2021 IP
    sarahk and qwikad.com like this.
  4. NetStar

NetStar Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Support Ticket and Help Desk systems exist. There are dozens of these programs available. Some free and some for purchase. This is NOT worth your time creating. Like @FrogeHost said, do NOT roll your own. Just use an existing one.

NetStar, Jul 29, 2021 IP
    sarahk likes this.
  5. David26

David26 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I created a helpdesk from scratch that does exactly what you want back when I was a full time coder. I never released it but I used it in real time with customers and it worked perfectly.

David26, Apr 30, 2023 IP