1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How-To Create Flash Executables...Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Graphics & Multimedia' started by stumpyPete, Feb 3, 2006.

Occassionally I've come across a executable (.exe) file that appears to be a Flash file. I'm a programmer, but I know ziltch about Flash - these .exe Flash applications are perfect for a new project I'm working on - basically an a/v presentation that can be download and run like an application.

I previously used Apple's Hypercard for a similar app, but archaeologists are probably digging up fossils of that thing by now...;)

Could someone 1) point me to more information on how these Flash apps are created and 2) give an opinion on other alternatives (or support why Flash is the best way to go).

stumpyPete, Feb 3, 2006 IP
  2. aboyd

aboyd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    aboyd, Feb 4, 2006 IP
  3. stumpyPete

stumpyPete Peon

Best Answers:
    Tony - thanks, that site is a fantastic place to get started with Flash...the tutorials were just what I was looking for...

stumpyPete, Feb 7, 2006 IP
  4. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    stumpy, you can publish your flash file as .exe (just go to file, and choose publish setting).

toby, Feb 8, 2006 IP
  5. ecchi

ecchi Member

Best Answers:
    Have been told by Apple users that Flash is a no-no for them. I know bugger all about this personally, but you may want to look into it unless your project is PC only.

ecchi, Apr 16, 2016 IP