1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create Facebook app. or quiz

Discussion in 'Programming' started by pratik, Jun 18, 2009.

Hi there,

I was wanting to make something I see a lot on Facebook. I don't know if thats called an Application or wht!:confused:

I am talking about the quizzes. Like "How crazy are you?" , WHAT DO PEOPLE THINK OF YOU AT FIRST SIGHT? , Typing Speed Test!... etc
    I mean you too must have seen such things, you take a quiz, select some options and then get a result and post in on your wall.

How is that done. Is there programming involved?

I had an idea and I wanted to develop on it. Plus I heard that Facebook apps. do make some $$$. Does this quizzes are also included in apps.

thanks

pratik, Jun 18, 2009 IP
  2. DuValEnterprises

DuValEnterprises Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually, launching your own Facebook applications is VERY easy :)

We have tons of turnkey Facebook application scripts for sale at our Store, check here: www.Apps-R-Us.com You can set these up yourself in minutes, and then easily customize the theme and content...

Also, if you want some idea of how much Facebook apps can earn, check out THIS VIDEO HERE :)

DuValEnterprises, Jun 20, 2009 IP
  3. W.Peterson

W.Peterson Guest

Best Answers:
    You could find many quiz apps on facebook applications, I use the quiz creator app to help me create quiz, here is an article about how to make a quiz on facebook, may be helpful.
    http://elearning-zone.blogspot.com/2009/06/how-to-make-quiz-on-facebook.html

W.Peterson, Jun 24, 2009 IP
  4. robbtokill

robbtokill Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want a quiz application, then you have 2 options.
    First one being actually creating that application.
    Second one being using a quiz creator application. You specify questions, answers and they do the rest.

I don't have any links right now. Try searching for quiz creators on Facebook.

robbtokill, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  5. USB

USB Banned

Best Answers:
    To create facebook or orkut application or any other social networking sites application you will have to use API provided by them or you can create your own API ;)

USB, Jun 25, 2009 IP
  6. dweebsonduty

dweebsonduty Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Facebook has made it incredibly easy to write programs for them.

A facebook program is usually PHP or flash based and you use the FBML facebook provides for you. FBML is Facebook ML and it has some real nice features like printing out the person's name and what not.

You do need to host the site somewhere as they do not host it.

Go to facebook's developer section and get their facebook.php file, it makes it alot easirt to use.

Here is an example of a one question quiz(i typed this out kind of quick so you have to correct some errors, but you get the idea.) :
    <?php 
    require_once 'facebook.php';
    $appapikey = 'API KEY GIVEN TO YOU FROM FACEBOOK';
    $appsecret = 'API SECRET GIVEN TO YOU BY FACEBOOK';
    $facebook = new Facebook($appapikey, $appsecret);
    $user_id = $facebook->require_login();

$profile_pic =  '<fb:profile-pic uid="'.$user_id.'" size="small" linked="true" />'; //<- show profile pic

$profile_name =  '<fb:name uid='.$user_id.' useyou='false' possessive='false' /> //<- Show users name without using you and non possesive

if (!$_POST["answer"])
    {
      echo "Welcome $profile_name ready to take the quiz?"
      echo 'What is 1 + 1?';
      echo '<br>';
      echo '<form action="index.php" method="post">';
      echo '<input type = "text" name="answer">';
      echo '<input type="submit" value="Submit">';
    }
    else
    {
      if ($_POST["answer"] == "2")
        {
         echo "Congrats $profile_name you got it correct";
        }
        else
        {
        echo "Sorry $profile_name you got it wrong"; 
        }
    ?>

PHP:

dweebsonduty, Jun 27, 2009 IP
  7. enhu

enhu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can earn millions with this. the only thing is that -- the applications that might be in my mind now is already there or had already been created by someone long ago before i knew this.

enhu, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  8. DuValEnterprises

DuValEnterprises Peon

Best Answers:
    enhu: it doesn't matter, you can still earn millions... it's all about promotion ;)

DuValEnterprises, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  9. HivelocityDD

HivelocityDD Peon

Best Answers:
    You can create a facebook application going to the developer section. They will provide you with an API key , Secret Key and an application ID. Which you can use for interacting your web applications with facebook features.

HivelocityDD, Jun 28, 2009 IP
  10. facebookapp

facebookapp Peon

Best Answers:
    Facebook offers a tremendous opportunity for those who are looking forward to earn money online. A lot of people in the past few years have earned a lot through Facebook applications by just using some simple strategies; the most important and vital one being making their Facebook applications viral and focused. The term viral application is a strategically term referring to applications that are very catchy and easy to use making the user addicted to it. This is the reason why the most successful and widely used applications on Facebook today usually are games, quizzes and planners.

“Scrabulous” is could be named as one good example of a viral application. It is a version of the traditional board game scrabble having more than a million users monthly.

The question which yet needs to be answered is how do you actually earn money through a Facebook application? Well, it’s quite simple! All you need to do is to get a viral application developed by us and make it popular amongst Facebook users. Once your application is popular and is getting quite a lot of users everyday then you can either display ads on it or simply sell it to the big guns who are looking for buying applications that are popular.

Making your Facebook application climb all the way to the acme of success and popularity, it is very important that your Facebook application should bear the following attributes:

* Easy to use

* Easy to Understand

* VIRAL

* Non Technical and light enough to load easily

In addition, there are certain other tips and techniques that could help your application go popular such as prizes for the winners and other promotions. There have been instances where a Facebook application has been sold for thousands of dollars just because it had a huge number of visitors visiting and using it daily.

facebookapp, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  11. nerdhustler

nerdhustler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hey! I wrote about my experience making apps on my blog. Essentially, I found it profitable to host a quiz on my own website and put mobile-responsive ads on it. I can make between 7-13 bucks per day, though I've heard people make considerably more depending on how "viral" the quiz goes. (I did promote my quiz initially to get a boost in traffic).

I only made personality style quizzes as well.

nerdhustler, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  12. Jake The Competition Man

Jake The Competition Man Active Member

Best Answers:
    A quiz is an interesting way to interact with users and also a kind of game itself. Users can show results on their pages and there can be also an online board with the results.

13. nerdhustler

nerdhustler Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I made my quiz such that the user's unique result to the quiz would be shared, which I think generated more shares :).

Playbuzz does a nice job with their personality quiz creator- I'm just not sure how the user can generate money with it... It seems like it only benefits playbuzz lol.

nerdhustler, Mar 17, 2015 IP
  14. Prince Nayan

Prince Nayan Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By going to the developer section, you can create a facebook application. They will provide you with an API key , Secret Key and an application ID. You can also go here http://www.mobilestore.pk for mobile apps. You can also found here many facebook applications.

Prince Nayan, Mar 28, 2015 IP
  15. johnvincentt

johnvincentt Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A nice question, but there are lot of process is their in creating app like facebook

johnvincentt, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  16. Techrev

Techrev Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You should visit https://developers.facebook.com to know more about Facebook apps and how to create a Facebook app and deploy it. You can build Facebook apps in php, java, or asp.net and you might need to learn Facebook API, Graph API before you can start build your app.

Techrev, Apr 18, 2017 IP
  17. Ryan_Stevens

Ryan_Stevens Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @Techrev Thanks for suggestion I will try and hope it will work for me.

Ryan_Stevens, Apr 20, 2017 IP
  18. K Padmapriya

K Padmapriya Member

Best Answers:
    To create a face book app first of all, click get started.Then, choose what type of quiz you would like to create from two options. They are a knowledge quiz or a personal quiz. Knowledge quiz asks to answer trivial questions centered about a certain topic.

K Padmapriya, Nov 6, 2017 IP