1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how to create connection with sql database using .php

Discussion in 'PHP' started by westhaven, May 29, 2005.

how to create connection with sql database using .php
    i am planning to make a directory site and i have downloaded the code from http://www.biz-directory.org/directory_script.php
    but i don know how create database in sql and how i will integrate the code given by thm with sql
    Any suggestions
    SEMrush

westhaven, May 29, 2005 IP
    SEMrush
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Do you have cpanel? If you do; then you can login to cpanel; go to server/mysql databases and create one there, taking note of db names, logins, and passwords. Then; you put these dbnames,logins and passwords in a config file of the software you are using.

If you don't have cpanel; check with your host. They should have another control panel/mysql solution for you.

You can also download phpmyadmin and create the database that way.

flawebworks, May 29, 2005 IP
  3. ashiezai

ashiezai Peon

Best Answers:
    i think he is asking how to initiate a connection with mysql database with .php but not creating it .. i think the script is fully automated .. you do not need to do anything to start a connection with mysql with biz directory .. just read the readme file and follow it .. and off you go :)

However, if you still want to know how to create a mysql connection using php .. here is a good resource:
    http://www.sitepoint.com/article/publishing-mysql-data-web

ashiezai, May 29, 2005 IP
  4. westhaven

westhaven Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yup i have cpanel and thanks for your suggestions guys

westhaven, May 29, 2005 IP