1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a 'viral' video?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by boaster, Dec 21, 2010.

What are some tips you can share for creating a viral video, or at least making a video go viral?

boaster, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  2. Cris_Stylez

Cris_Stylez Peon

Best Answers:
    When i think of viral video i think of creating a very informative video about your niche market that you think people will want to know more about. So they will want to watch what you have to show them. Then submit that same video to over 100+ video submission sites. Your video will go viral because it is exposed to so many people. Also it's good for SEO. Always add you links to all your videos. I hope that helps.

Cris Stylez

Cris_Stylez, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  3. imkazu

imkazu Peon

Best Answers:
    something extremely funny/cute/scary/unique/cool

imkazu, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  4. SamFrankly84

SamFrankly84 Member

Best Answers:
    The ultimate question you need to ask in order to make a viral video is, "Will people send this to their friends?"

For some examples of viral videos, check out Youtube for viral Videos, "Double Rainbow Guy", or any videos that have gained 500k+ views in one month. Most of them have unique content and replicating their success might be a big challenge.

SamFrankly84, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  5. Anna Cheung

Anna Cheung Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've seen some viral videos. They are all interesting and creative. If you want to make a viral video, remember not to make it too commercial. Don't let people find it an ad until they finish the video. :p

Anna Cheung, Dec 21, 2010 IP
  6. Matthew Roe

Matthew Roe Active Member

Best Answers:
    To give that viral factor you need to give it a bit of a push to start with.

You can always email your list (if you have one) telling users they will get a free gift by simply posting a comment and giving your video a thumbs up.

You could always buy a few views from places like digg, stumble upon and other social sites.

Check out Fivverr, you can have someone blast your video out to hundreds-thousands of "friends" giving your video even more exposure on Facebook and Twitter both.

The first poster had mentioned multiple uploads. This as well is a great way to get your video out there and giving it that added exposure needed to get it to rank high in the Youtube search engine.

Good Luck,

Matthew Roe

Matthew Roe, Dec 23, 2010 IP
  7. JoesMillion

JoesMillion Peon

Best Answers:
    A few people have already asked this, look up their topics... there are some better replies.

JoesMillion, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  8. businessman413

businessman413 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go where the traffic already is. I used to make guitar lesson videos. And the ones that performed the best where the really popular songs I taught.

businessman413, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  9. Alreadyinuse23

Alreadyinuse23 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have a free script I have used to make multiple youtube videos and products go viral fast. Check it out in my sig.

Alreadyinuse23, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  10. exaltweb

exaltweb Peon

Best Answers:
    One great way to increase the views of your videos are to reach out to You Tube users. You can find the people who might be interested in your video by looking for users who commented on videos that are related to yours..........

exaltweb, Dec 24, 2010 IP
  11. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It has to be funny in a way, and that people want to share it with one or two of their friends, that's enough if every viewer of the video could wish to share it to a few people, even one.

JamesColin, Dec 25, 2010 IP