1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a successful contest?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tulumbo, May 20, 2011.

I need some advice. I'm creating a blog with multiple authors. The author with the top post at the end of each week will receive a special prize. I have an arrangement with a US based online store that makes this very easy, and I get free shipping.

Here's the problem: Many of the authors who want to contribute do not live in the United States, and if they win the contest I cannot afford to pay $20 for international shipping. :confused:

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? What can I do differently?

Tulumbo, May 20, 2011 IP
  2. nibblymonster

nibblymonster Guest

Best Answers:
    What sort of prizes are you giving away?

If the prize is worth more than $20, then perhaps you could could inform the authors that those outside the US will have to pay $20 for shipping; they might be willing to fork out $20 if the prize is worth much more than that.

Alternatively, you could consider giving away a different type of prize to cut down on postage costs. Flatter objects can be sent using regular mail, which should cost much less than $20. A CD in a padded envelope could be a decent prize to give away. Perhaps you could check with your postal service which objects can be sent using regular mail. You could save the bulkier prizes for US winners, and flatter prizes for non-US winners.

nibblymonster, May 22, 2011 IP
  3. Living_Dead

Living_Dead Banned

Best Answers:
    Offer a different prize for those outside of the US, and get it dropshipped if needs be. Or offer the cash equivalent?

Living_Dead, May 23, 2011 IP
  4. PromoDirect

PromoDirect Member

Best Answers:
    Send them Cash equal to the amount of the prize for the non-US.

PromoDirect, May 24, 2011 IP
  5. kevin543

kevin543 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey I totally agree with Promo, instead of sending the prize you can easily send money equal to the prize and which is definitely going to be liked by them.

kevin543, May 25, 2011 IP
  6. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm, so the prize worth doesn't worth even the shipping -_-
    The alternative is to give him raw cash if he wins. I think most of your users will be okay with this.

omarabid, May 25, 2011 IP
  7. HeyLiane

HeyLiane Peon

Best Answers:
    You'd be better of with money prize. So they can use it to buy whatever they want. haha. Just send via PayPal and you're done :p

HeyLiane, May 28, 2011 IP
  8. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with money prize! Offer weekly winner with $20 to their paypal account is about the same. Cool soccer blog you got there!

Justin_Dupre, May 29, 2011 IP