1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to create a Squidoo lens?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by galipellisatyanarayana, Feb 21, 2013.

I created a Squidoo lens with unique content. I got the score of lens as 85% completed. I enclosed images, Video, Amazon recommendations, Recommended links etc. But when I try to publish, it is showing the message as "Low Quality Content". Could you please guide me for to publish my first lens.

galipellisatyanarayana, Feb 21, 2013 IP
  2. RJLandsdown

RJLandsdown Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Would you mind linking to your page here? Perhaps I could get a better understanding if I saw it.

RJLandsdown, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  3. bettaone

bettaone Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can't help unless we can see what you have done. Did you read their Terms of Service? It always pays when you go on a new platform to read the TOS.

bettaone, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  4. TonyG23

TonyG23 Banned

Best Answers:
    Sounds possibly you need to add more content to your lens or even modules. Check the see your progress and see what you are lacking for that 100% completion.

TonyG23, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  5. vna1611

vna1611 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is not easy to answer this here
    as the process is very detailed.
    Just search on Google
    you will get the answer.
    regards

vna1611, Feb 22, 2013 IP
  6. coloma21

coloma21 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hey there,

Try to make sure that your content is around 400+ words, it's unique, and include some pictures & videos.

I remember this happened to me before, and i included pictures & videos, and i was allowed to publish it.

Lastly, make sure the title is engaging & unique as well! Hope that helps :)

coloma21, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  7. greentek

greentek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It is not easy to answer this here as the process is very long better to visit you tube tutorial.

greentek, Feb 27, 2013 IP
  8. arungupta2012

arungupta2012 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    May be you need more content or please don't mind it's possible that your content is copied. I have lens's on Squidoo but never face this problem.

arungupta2012, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  9. galipellisatyanarayana

galipellisatyanarayana Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's the original article. I will show the article to you. Could you please guide me to get published.

galipellisatyanarayana, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  10. arungupta2012

arungupta2012 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Of course i can help you galipellisatyanarayana. You are saying that your article is original.
    Have you published this content anywhere else?
    If no, then you must have to read this following guidelines.

http://www.squidoo.com/dont-publish-a-squidoo-lens-until-you-read-this
    http://www.squidoo.com/originalitypact

Go through it and check if you missed something which your lens needs to get published.

arungupta2012, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  11. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Please check it carefully, there would be any element which is you are missing, make sure you have put description, tags, and other required information too.

Or it may be that your article is not well formatted, try to use bold, list, sub heading etc..

alex06295, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  12. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you need some unique content and low keyword density, also if nothing works out you can ask for a manual review for your lens

neeshu, Feb 28, 2013 IP
  13. ella_1583

ella_1583 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Sometimes...it's not YOU...it's SQUIDOO.

I am Potpiegirl's former outsourcer (4 years) and I've created more than a hundred Squidoo lenses for her. And if there's anyone who knows how frustrating it is to see the "low quality content" pop up in Squidoo, that's me. That drives me crazy!

The first time it happened, we deleted all modules except for the intro and the foolproof modules (Amazon, video, guestbook comments, Amazon search, etc.). We did this to see which module is causing the problem. It (still) wouldn't publish so now we know it's the intro module. We rewrote it so many times with no success so we removed the intro photo and voila it published. The only problem is that it would remain WIP forever. So that lens is practically useless, right? Tried changing the picture, resized it, renamed it, tried deleting one word at a time to see if there's anything that's triggering the spam filter but nope, nothing worked so we decided to just let it go and have the lens sit there until we figure out why it wouldn't publish.

Since then on I would do the intro module, amazon, amazon search, guestbook comments, video, lens love or any other foolproof module, tags and then hit publish. After I successfully publish the lens that's when I start adding text modules one at a time. This would help me identify which specific text module is causing the problem. I would literally do one text module, publish, text module, publish and so on. Here's something funny, sometimes certain words would cause the system to go nuts and then it wouldn't let you publish the lens. One time it was the word "also" and then "cartridge" and then "cleaning" and then.... Crazy, right? I just shake my head haha!

So I went on and worked on the other lenses and it happened again. This time it's about a vacuum cleaner. For some reason whenever I type the kw "vacuum cleaner" inside the text module, Squidoo wouldn't let me publish the lens. Can you imagine how hard it is to come up with another term for vacuum cleaner? LOL. So my little trick worked for that specific lens but then I had to create another vacuum cleaner lens and boy did Squidoo give me a hard time! None of my little tricks worked and then I started messing with the tags. Instead of using different vacuum cleaner tags, I used pet cleaner, how to eliminate dog urine, etc. and guess what it published! And then I created my fifth vacuum cleaner lens but this time Squidoo is so determined not to publish the lens. So I did a search in Squidoo and see how many vacuum cleaner lenses there are in the site. Too many! So there's my answer. I decided to just let it go and move on to my next keywords.

I've been in different forums and so many people have encountered this problem. I haven't read a single solution that will work for every lens. You have to keep trying but you can only do so much. Anything could be tripping the filter.

ella_1583, Mar 10, 2013 IP
  14. Vishakha Bajaj

Vishakha Bajaj Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can create a squidoo lens by-

Step1: what's your lens going to be about?

Step2:Title of your page.Set your lens URL and pick your topic.

Step3:Tag your page so people can find it.

Step4:You can earn money from your page.

Vishakha Bajaj, Jun 11, 2013 IP
  15. Eugene_K.

Eugene_K. Member

Best Answers:
    It's not enough simply to "create" a lens, you need to get a "preferred" status for it.
    At first, I couldn't figure out why my lense doesn't get it - I had this pop up screen telling me that I have not enough content or few modules.

Here's how finished lense suppose to look (unfortunately, all nice url name were busy (>.<):
    www.squidoo.com/adsforweb

Anyhow, try not to copy/paste here, keep different module that you feel good about.
    And for the love of Jesus and Saint. Mary, don't try to turn your lens into amazon marketplace :)

Eugene_K., Jun 11, 2013 IP